San Diego State University Class of 2027 Official Thread

I am starting an SDSU discussion/Stats thread since SDSU has in the past offered Early admission decisions to top students in Mid-December. This includes High stat/Honors college invitees, OOS and International students.

The majority of decisions will be posted in March.

You are welcome to discuss anything of interest in regards to San Diego State along with posting your admission decision.

Using the template below, please fill out the information and once you hear about your decision.

Decision: Accepted/Rejected/Waitlisted

CSU Capped Weighted GPA (found on CSU application with Maximum of 4.4):
Number of a-g courses taken 9-12th:
Number of UC approved Honors/AP/IB or DE classes:
Intended Major:
Local/Non-local CA resident/OOS/International:
Honors College Invite: Yes/No

Edited/Updated Information:
Overall Campus Average CSU Capped Weighted admit GPA for 2022: 3.97

Best of luck and go Aztecs!!

11 Likes

D does not yet have a decision, but would be quite interested in those OOS who get this early offer from SDSU. She has fingers crossed that she is one of them. Will let all know is she is, and ask the same. Good luck to all.

2 Likes

Thank you for starting this thread… we are excited to hear from others! :slight_smile: :pray:t2:

any updates ? did anyone receive early acceptance from sdsu?

1 Like

Crickets. Still hopeful.

1 Like

last year some people notified acceptances on 15th dec 2021.
nothing as of now
@gumbymom

1 Like

Just decided to check this because based on the last few years, it looks like if there were going to be early decisions before the holidays it would be today. Fingers crossed for everyone!

1 Like

I agree that if they are doing early acceptances, today is the most promising day.

Nothing here. Was hoping for it because it would have justified a CA trip for my D23.

If they release acceptances today, it will be in the student portal first and around 3 pm PST or later.

4 Likes

@Gumbymom will they release for CA residents too or OOS?

In the past, some OOS students were accepted early but the majority of applicants will hear in March.

any chance CPSLO does a similar early decision for OOS?

My in state son got a weird email advertisement this morning saying, “Apply to SDSU” and then he got another email a few hours later stating, “Correction: the deadline was November 30th.” Seems like there may be some issues with their system.

1 Like

never heard SLO doing early acceptances , though they did early decisions till fall 2016.

No, Cal Poly SLO no longer does early acceptances since 2016 as noted. They use to have ED. For the last few admission cycles, acceptances started in Early to Mid March. SLO likes to drag out the decision process so acceptances first, waitlist next and finally denials near the end of the month.

2 Likes

My daughter got the same “apply to sdsu” emails… way to make your heart race!! We did hear from Chapman today though!

3 Likes

Any update anyone? I’m hoping to get an early acceptance as well!

2 Likes

:sneezing_face:
Nothing

2 Likes

If they haven’t released decisions yet do you think there is still a chance they will do early acceptances this December?

4 Likes