San Diego State University Class of 2027 Official Thread

So glad I logged on today to read this forum! Just had my daughter check her portal!

Decision: Accepted

CSU Capped Weighted GPA: 4.4
Number of a-g courses taken 9-12th: (skipped grade 11, so graduation in 3 years) 27 a-g
Number of UC approved Honors/AP/IB or DE classes: 4 Honors, 1 AP, 10 DE college classes
Intended Major: Astronomy
Non-local CA resident from small public high school in rural area (Mammoth Lakes, CA).

She is hoping for a Cal Poly SLO acceptance. That is her first choice over all UCā€™s she applied to also. I donā€™t know if the waiting is harder for the students or the parents!

2 Likes

in-state. UW =4.0. 10 - 11 grade : 7 AP courses. All As. 12 grade- 4 AP course. 24 a-g courses from 9-12.

Oops, forgot to add: 4.0 unweighted GPA, 4.4 weighted GPA (and it wonā€™t let me delete the post in the wrong thread). Sorry!

Thanks. Iā€™m sure he will get accepted too. Just would have been nice to check that box off the list.

Just so over this whole college application season. Nothing makes sense about any of it.

Iā€™m just glad this is the end for me for applying to college. I donā€™t think I could stomach another undergraduate application season going forward. Things are just getting harder and harder every year.

5 Likes

Wowā€¦great stats. Thanks for sharing and congratulations again!

1 Like

Have any chemistry majors been accepted yet?

1 Like

Daughter was accepted this week. In state and biology major with emphasis in cellular & molecular biology.

1 Like

Admitted 1/25/2023
Major: Undeclared
CSU GPA: 4.0
8 AP/Honors
Lots of ECā€™s including sports and volunteer work
CA resident, not local SD

My other daughter with similar stats was denied a few years ago, so itā€™s really hard to tell who will get accepted and who wonā€™t imo.

3pm on Jan 25th.

Admitted 1/25/23
CSU Capped Weighted GPA: 4.29
Number of a-g courses taken 9-12th: not sure
Number of UC approved Honors/AP/IB or DE classes: 11 AP?
Intended Major: Mechanical Engineering
Local/Non-local CA resident/OOS/International: Non-local resident
Honors College Invite: Yes/No - did not apply

3 Likes

Son Admitted 1/25 for CS.
Almost identical stats to other CS admits in this thread
UW: 3.8 Weighted: 4.3
7 AP/Honors, including 2 in Senior year
Lots of A-G classes
Non-local, In-State
Fair to average ECā€™s.

Admitted! Itā€™s my kidā€™s (and my walletā€™s) 1st choice, so very excited to not care about the 6 schools he has yet to hear from, and relieved I can stop checking the horrible weather at the backup UO. :joy: SDSU, thank you so much for this unexpected early surprise! :black_heart::heart:

4 Likes

What day was your admit?

1 Like

Wednesday 1/25 I think.

Hello everyone. My son was accepted on 1/25 with the cutest video and an email was received two days later. The achieved stats on this page show the increased competitiveness for SDSU. Congrats to everyone.

CSU Capped Weighted GPA ~ 4.2
Number of a-g courses taken 9-12th: 24 ( If Iā€™m calculating correctly. Heā€™s set to graduate with 280 credits )
Number of UC approved ~Honors 4 / AP 9
Intended Major:Computer Engineering
Local/Non-local CA resident
Honors College Invite: Yes

Just curiousā€¦ My daughter was admitted on Jan 25th, but I didnā€™t realize until reading through this forum that not everyone received news on this day - that this was some sort of early notice and some will have to wait longer? What percentage of kids would have heard on the 25th, and for any particular reason?

I do not have stats on how many applicants are admitted, but many are high stat applicants, local applicants from special HS programs, some OOS and International applicants. Many are invited to apply to the Webers Honors college.

SDSU likes to offer competitive applicants a chance of committing to attend early.

1 Like

DD can see an acceptance status in the portal but did not get an email, does that make a sense?

Did you check the spam/junk folder? She should get an email if accepted.

5 Likes

she did, I will check as well with her.

3 Likes