San Diego State University Class of 2027 Official Thread

Does anyone know if there will be other rounds of admissions soon? Or should we expect no more admissions until end of March? (For Fall 2023 start)

Normally SDSU does one early round of admissions where notifications are posted within a few days of each other and then rolling admissions in March. Again, SDSU can change their decision timeline at their discretion.

Here was the 2022 timeline:
Early admits started December 15, 2021 over a few days. Rare early admits posted in Mid-January 2022. Regular admission trickle starting March 8, 2022 followed by a larger admit wave on March 11. Some Waitlisted and Denials starting March 17.

2 Likes

Thank you. Thatā€™s helpful.
Also, do you know if early admits are based solely on strongest stats? Or could it be based on having submitted the app earlier and/or the selected major?

Historically, SDSU early admits have been High stats/Honorā€™s college invitees, Special programs for local SD HS applicants, OOS/International applicants (which are evaluated in separate applicant pools so not always high stats). The only majors that have not gotten early admission are Nursing majors. Nursing majors hear in March during regular decision.

My daughter got her acceptance on Jan 24th. I did not realize either that there were waves of acceptances.

My Daughter was accepted on 1/24.
Undeclared Major
4.17 Weighted GPA
Santa Clarita, CA

1 Like

My son also from SCV got accepted last week. :slight_smile:

Thanks so much for that infoā€¦ do you know if applicants are notified about Weber via the portal or via email?

1 Like

The Honors college notification is by email but you do not need to be invited to apply.

1 Like

1/26 S23 was admitted to pre-CS, OOS, GPA 4.x, honors 4/AP 9, many ECs.

My Dā€™s was only notified by mail last year. I remember her anxiously waiting, because others received theirs days beforeā€¦

She literally set up a USPS notification, to see what mail would be arriving.

So that being said, they all donā€™t come on the same day. But it seemed a lot received the same week.

My son was admitted last week, and 99% sure itā€™s his first choice, but I suppose thereā€™s a slight possibility heā€™d choose SLO if he gets in. Does anyone know if SLO did any early admits or are they all in March? (I couldnā€™t find a SLO thread and have not heard of anyone saying they got in yet). Other than that slight possibility, it looks like heā€™s headed to San Diego and we couldnā€™t be happier. He applied to a bunch of OOS schools but really wanted to stay in SoCal and felt he had no chance for a UC so didnā€™t even bother applying. Also, does anyone have any feedback on the internship/job prospects as a ā€œBusiness Admin- General Businessā€ major and is it possible to change concentrations within the business major college, such as entrepreneurship, management, or real estate vs general business? TIA.

1 Like

SLO decisions come out in March. Congratulations to your son.

1 Like

whatā€™s the benefit of applying to the honors college?

Here is the benefits listed but they no longer offer priority registration which I believe is the biggest perk. However, there are several merit scholarships available for Honors college students that make applying worth it.

College Benefits | Weber Honors College | SDSU

1 Like

Hi! Have a kid at both schools! So far been really impressed with SDSU Fowler Business School as my DD is a Marketing major. All business students come in as pre-major and once they meet the requirements for upperdivision business (9 bus prerequisite classes, 2.9 gpa and 60 units), they will declare their upperdivision business major so can switch at that time and is easy between business majors if they meet the above requirements. All info is explain at the business school website. They have lots of internships available via Handshake and at job fairs but student needs to partake in these opportunities.
For Cal Poly business majors, they will select their business concentration in their 3rd year and are considered general business for the first 2 years.

2 Likes

Hi there. Curious if anyone has been rejected? Seems all the posts so far have been from people who got accepted.

It is my understanding that rejections come in March. Early admit only has acceptances.

@michele_burnett is correct that denials are posted in March.

@michele_burnett @Gumbymom Thank you both for the replies. For some reason I am more nervous for my second kid than I was my first a few years agoā€¦

5 Likes