San Diego State University Class of 2027 Official Thread

xdelete

1 Like

true true, have you heard back?

Are they still rolling in? We’ve heard nothing. This is my daughter’s top choice. :grimacing:

2 Likes

i haven’t heard either, but i think more should roll out tmr, at least that is what I have heard!

2 Likes

It is my sons top choice too. He also hasn’t heard. He put Business as his major and his GPA is a 4.0. We are in state. He only took a couple college classes and no honors classes so we will see. Both my husband and I are alums and absolutely shocked and also disappointed how hard it is to get in now. My son has a lot of extracurricular and is a great athlete (was hoping to walk on) and student but probably doesn’t have the coursework rigor they are looking for and since they don’t consider extracurriculars, it feels like a long-shot.

4 Likes

My daughter is still waiting.

3 Likes

same gpa and business marketing major!! brother is an alum and it was still quite hard to get in when he applied and that was 4 years ago
so the acceptance rate is only getting worse.

2 Likes

I know It is really stressful. I want to wish you the best of luck. I know it is hard to think of this right now but just know it will work out in the end. Sometimes we take the longer road to reach our dreams but you will get there! Good luck to you!
And if you don’t get in with a 4.0 to sdsu, that will always be shocking to those that got in with B and C averages but you should be super PROUD of that GPA. it is amazing!

1 Like

no I haven’t

Son got admitted, but it was weird. He just checked his portal and all he saw was it said one active application, when he clicked on that, there was the message.

4 Likes

Congrats to your son!

3 Likes

Congratulations! What Major?

@calimom024 Art

2 Likes

Studio art? I haven’t heard back😭

1 Like

@woofle5 I honestly think it is a glitch, seemed so weird and anti-climatic. If I had not been seeing that students were getting in today, he probably would not have checked until tomorrow when I think they are releasing widely with the fun confetti. Don’t give up hope.

This is my third child to go to college, and this is the most stressful time waiting to find out where you are accepted. Know that there are any number of schools where you will be happy.

3 Likes

My daughter also applied for Studio Art, and she hasn’t heard anything back yet. Although, personally, I am a little concerned about programs that don’t require a portfolio. Seems like they are missing something in making their decision. Good luck to you!

Also waiting on Studio Art, and the name also begins with K. :frowning:

That’s what my daughter’s looked like too. A little underwhelming. LOL

Any word when Webers Honors college will be released?

1 Like

My son was admitted for music (music education concentration).