San Diego State University Class of 2027 Official Thread

I have heard sdsu ban program is very hard and intense…they go straight into nursing

2 Likes

any other acceptances for nursing?

1 Like

congrats! do you know if they’re going by last names or random?

1 Like

Totally agree. I experienced it through a program called Panther For A Day. Get a full walking tour of the school, a meal in the cafeteria, and also a department tour for the school that you were accepted into. I would highly recommend it.

Here’s a link if you want to check it out: go.chapman.edu/portal/pantherforaday

2 Likes

Anybody accepted for bio yet?

congrats to your daughter tho its a hard program to get into you should be very proud of her :slight_smile: !!!

3 Likes

Believe it’s random. Major acceptances have been all over the place. Also, my brother got into journalism at 9 AM and he literally has the same exact last name as me lol.

1 Like

such a brutal process lol, wish they would release all at once

3 Likes

I know same! im a stressed nursing major

4 Likes

me too lol, hopefully by the end of today!

The worst one is Cal Poly SLO. All of my friends got in Friday and I still haven’t heard. I know I got waitlisted or rejected but rip the band-aid off already lol.

13 Likes

my cousin is going through the same thing rn w slo… it sucks :frowning:

3 Likes

All nursing programs are hard work once you’re in. I don’t think any are “harder” than another, as far as BSN programs. I went to Chico Nursing and my friend went to SDSU nursing (25 years ago, Ha!) We were both stressed and exhausted by the end. But we have both had great careers right out of the gates of graduation. A year or two of nursing or full time EMT experience is really necessary for PA or NP grad school IMO.

4 Likes

DS23: Accepted
Major: Food and Nutrition
CSU GPAs: 3.67 unweighted, CSU/UC GPA 4.0
Number of A-G classes: 24
Number of UC approved Honors/AP/IB or DE courses: 8 (6AP, 2 honors)
In-State/OOS/International: In-state

3 Likes

Congrats! Did this happen just now? Did you find out through an email or the portal?

1 Like

Good luck! It does not seem like all the acceptances are out!

1 Like

If she got into a direct admit nursing program, take it as those are hard to come by although I realized you are OOS so paying a bit more compared to instate student.
She can always later pursue becoming nurse practitioner after getting RN/BSN and it will be easier than trying the PA route b/c she will need to do 4 years of college and also work as either EMT or MA or something else to get the clinical hours before she can apply into PA program. I’m speaking from the medical viewpoint (I’m pediatrician, MD) Congratulations to her!

6 Likes

thanks for this info!

1 Like

thank you for the advice! really appreciate it!

1 Like

Congratulations and thank you for sharing!