Santa Clara Class of 2027 Official Thread

This is the official discussion thread for Santa Clara Class of 2027 RD applicants. Ask your questions and connect with fellow applicants.

RD Application Deadline is: January 7

1 Like

D23 was deferred in EA - received an email today to see if she wanted to switch to ED2.

Just curious if this went to all RD applicants, only those EA’s that were deferred, or everyone?

My daughter applied RD and was asked if she wanted to switch to ED.

My child applied EA and was deferred
To regular decision or ED II. Was sent at time of deferral

2 Likes

Sorry I was not more specific. I am curious about the timing. When she applied in November, she received an email about a week or so later asking if she wanted to switch to ED1 or 2. (no)

She was deferred 12/15 and opted for RD. She received a 2nd email asking if she wanted to switch to ED2 again yesterday, 1/9.

I’m interested to know if all applicants still waiting received an email to switch yesterday, or if it was only sent to some applicants. Thanks.

1 Like

My child was the same: applied EA, received the email a week later asking if she wanted to switch to ED1 (no). Deferred, given option of choosing regular or ED2. (chose regular).

She did NOT receive an email this week about ED2. I doubt we can read anything into that though.

Ironically, SC is her first choice… she’s just not ready to commit to ED2. So I hope she can get that across to them!

1 Like

Haven’t been back for a while and catching up on old threads. My DD also received that ED2 email on 1/9 after being deferred. From the wording, it sounds like it went to all applicants. It was probably just overlooked by those who don’t think they got it. It specifically said they were sending this information to all RD applicants.

1 Like

My son was deferred at EA round. Admission office asked for mid year report and we have submitted it officially by the end of Jan. Not sure when the RD decision will come out or the admission is rolling basis?

I visited SCU for a tour of the campus yesterday. I must say, it’s a really nice campus. Well kept and laid out. As someone that attended a large university myself, I can see how it would be easier to acclimated a new student there. Was impress, to say the least. Hopefully, my son gets an admittance response in the coming weeks.

3 Likes

Website says April 1st. Does anyone have additional info/insight on RD decision date(s)?

No insight at all. Last year was around March 15/16.

1 Like

Why was this post flagged by the community? Was this because of EA as opposed to RD? :thinking:

My son was deferred from EA. According to the data below.

They report admitted students has an average unweighted GPA of 3.86. Looks like it will be a tough year for regular admission as well. It is getting harder year by year.

I believe decision will be out this week. Good luck to all of us!

Decisions are out in the portal.

3 Likes

My S23 just got accepted after an EA deferral!
Finance
OOS
3.9 UW, 4.6 W, 9 APs, ACT 31

1 Like

Yippie. Accepted Electrical and Computer Engg. In state.
3.95 UW/4.5W ACT 36

3 Likes

Waitlisted 3.8 UW, humanities. 1470 SAT.

Also waitlisted with a 3.9 UW…Oh well, too expensive for us anyway!

1 Like

S23 Admitted
4.0/4.6/1540
Computer Engineering
In State, Bay Area
No hooks.
So happy!!