Santa Clara Class of 2027 Official Thread

Daughter was accepted for Bioengineering. 4.0 Unweighted. 4.51 Weighted. 5 APs. 10 community college classes totaling about 30 units.

No notification of scholarship/financial aid and can’t afford $81k/year, so probably won’t be happening.

1 Like

Was there any note about financial aid in the admission letter? Will they notify us separately?

Admitted, biology. 4.0UW, 4.3W, 31 ACT, essays that connected my ECs and community service to Jesuit mission

1 Like

S23 rejected - - applied to Engineering, 3.7UW 1390 SAT, 6AP, several honors classes, nothing special for EC . We knew it was a reach and he’s OK with it as he has several nice options…Congrats to everyone who got in!

WaitListed. Checked their website, scholarship is limited to WaitListed students. With the cost of attendance, I can not afford it even accepted later.

We are waitlisted as well.
4.4 weighted for CS
Anyone knows if there is chance for waitlisted student to get off the waitlist ?

My son’s EA acceptance was followed by financial aid a few days later. Good luck!

1 Like

DD waitlisted Biology. 31 ACT, 9 AP, GPA 3.95 UW, 4.4 W.
I read on another forum that if a waitlisted student gets in there is no merit. True?

1 Like

D23 admitted to Mechanical Engineering. 4.0UW/4.56W. We’re waiting for financial aid package email.

1 Like

Does anyone know when transfer decisions come out not from TAA, but regular transfer applications from a university to SCU.

That is typically true.

Waitlisted 23 Mech Engineering. 1420 SAT, 3 AP, GPA 4.0UW / 4.1W

It looks like the Computer Science and Engineering major/minor is overcrowded so the department is restricting by not allowing students to switch major to CSE or minor in CSE even if students are already in the College of Engineering.
This is different from the what we learned from the admission officers during our campus visit earlier this year. In fact there is still an official youtube video from the SCU admission explaining how students can select the major they want within the College of Engineering.

https://www.scu.edu/engineering/academic-programs/department-of-computer-engineering/coen-student-policies/

D was thinking major in neuro and minor in CS since her teacher mentioned neuro without any CS would be limited. Would SCU allow her to take a couple of CS classes without getting a minor? For the tuition amount I thought the school was flexible and had space for everyone who needed to take some basic classes. I know a student can’t transfer to CS easily but you can’t do much with a minor in CS, right?

I’m not sure about this, is there Data Science? It seems to be in a different college under a name variation, in business school?

My son was waitlisted. It should have been a likely admit, we let him apply because we expected merit money because I can’t justify $80k for it. He had a 36 ACT but he let his grades fall apart this fall. Hope this is a cautionary tale to other kids in the future.

I will say we were unimpressed with the admissions office. He contacted them and the person assigned to our state and neither responded (they had emailed him 6 weeks after he applied to ask if he wanted his standardized test scores considered - despite him putting them in his application!). Weird, right?

Any acceptees get financial aid or merit yet? Can’t tell if son just didn’t get anything or if no award/assistance.

This (e.g. ability to take CS classes as a non-CS student) would be good to ask on the preview day/week and before deciding where to go. SCU also has a Mathematics and Computer Science department in their College of Arts and Sciences. I believe there is Data Science emphasis in that department and there should be Data Science classes offered there.

1 Like

Same situation here. Letter says in a few days. Others seem to have been awarded merit aid already though, so not getting hopes up.

Received award letter today! D23 was lucky to get a Bronco scholarship (full tution)

5 Likes