Sat & act

<p>Here’s the classic topic - Which score should I send?</p>

<p>If I am not wrong, I read around the threads, and they said that the UCs want all of the test scores that you’ve ever taken, but only will consider the highest ones.</p>

<p>Well, you see…I kinda had an upward trend going here:</p>

<p>PSAT October of Junior Year
176</p>

<p>December of Junior Year
1st time taking SAT w/o studying (<em>Nothing to be proud of; I feel ashamed</em>) - 1760
I took the ACT a week later, & got - 26 (but it was w/o writing)</p>

<p>I checked a chart, and they were equivalent to one another.</p>

<p>June after Junior Year
I studied, but not as hard as I could’ve (<em>due to school pressures</em>) - 1920</p>

<p>& since my scores were always on level with one another, I thought I’d score a 28-29ish on the ACT. </p>

<p>Haha, wronngg. </p>

<p>I got a 23. & this time, it’s with writing. </p>

<p>Im applying to UC’s & I kno that the only ACT score that they will look at is the one w. the writing - the 23. </p>

<p>Let’s say I retake the SAT…& score better. </p>

<p>Will the ACT still reflect negatively upon my standardized testing experiences?</p>

<p>Is there an option to send the SATs & not the ACT, or is it absolutely mandatory to send both?</p>

<p>Even though colleges say that they will only look at the highest scores, do they still kinda take a peek at the lower scores and make decisions?</p>

<p>I guess I am being slightly paranoid. </p>

<p>Thankkyouuu for wasting your time & reading this thread. </p>

<p>& possibly answering my questions. </p>

<p>You guys are amazing. </p>

<p>btw: my goal is UCD…if that helps any.</p>

<p>& am OOS. :/</p>

<p>The UCs request the students to submit everything. The UCs will crunch the numbers and convert everything to a UC score (in order to compare SAT and ACT on equal footing). Because of this conversion, occasionally the highest converted score may not be the same as the highest SAT/ACT score. I suppose it’s possible to calculate the UC score yourself for each SAT/ACT score and then select the highest one; but I think it would be easier to just submit everything and let the UCs sort them out, especially since lower scores are tossed (some UCs will only show the highest converted score in the application file; other UCs may display all scores but the readers are trained to disregard lower scores).</p>

<p>Thankkyouu so much Ms Sun! You have been soo helpful and patient with my 3409823094823 questions. Haha!</p>

<p>Happy to help!</p>