SAT I (UCs) Question - Please help!

<p>Hey guys,</p>

<p>I’ve taken the SAT twice so far. My scores are the following:</p>

<p>1st attempt: 1850 (540 CR [ran out of time, omitted 18, FAIL], 610 M, 700 W) - Shouldn’t have taken it, I didn’t prep.
2nd attempt: 1980 (620 CR, 720 M, 640 W) - Mild Prep</p>

<p>I’ll be taking it one last time in Oct with heavy prep. I will get at least 2100. </p>

<p>My question: I just found out UCs see all SAT scores. I’m worried it will look bad that I got such poor scores initially (1850, 1980) even though I eventually got a 2100.</p>

<p>Guys, help would be appreciated. I’m extremely worried they will look down at my poor SAT results, even though I received a 2100 on the latest. Thoughts?</p>

<p>When I sent my SAT scores to UC Campuses, All tests I had ever taken were sent, but I checked the UC Portals I could only see my highest sitting. So I think they’ll accept all scores but look at your highest.</p>

<p>I see, thanks for your help buddy!</p>

<p>The UCs request the students to submit everything. The UCs will crunch the numbers and convert everything to a UC score (in order to compare SAT and ACT on equal footing). Because of this conversion, occasionally the highest converted score may not be the same as the highest SAT/ACT score. I suppose it’s possible to calculate the UC score yourself for each SAT/ACT score and then select the highest one; but I think it would be easier to just submit everything and let the UCs sort them out, especially since lower scores are tossed (some UCs will only show the highest converted score in the application file; other UCs may display all scores but the readers are trained to disregard lower scores).</p>