SAT II scores

<p>Do the UCs require that applicants send ALL SAT Subject Test scores?</p>

<p>My scores:
June: Math II - 800, Chem - 740, USH - 740
November: Chem retake - somewhere from 700-800, French - around 500 lol</p>

<p>As you can see, I don’t want them to see my French score. If they do require all SAT II scores, will the only takes the highest 2 or 3 into consideration?</p>

<p>You must send every test score. But they will/are supposed to disregard the lower one(s)</p>

<p>The UCs ask for everything but they will only look at the top two scores from two different subjects for application evaluation and toss the rest.</p>

<p>Ms Sun - I just asked about this in another thread. So even though they only look at the top 2 SAT II scores, you still need to send all of them in? Is this a requirement by the UCs or just a nice ask?</p>

<p>I want to be sure my DD application follows all the rules!</p>

<p>When I sent in my SAT scores to the UCs, it said I had to send all of my scores. I would send all of the scores.</p>

<p>OK. I received my scores. My final SAT II scores are:</p>

<p>800 Math II
800 Chemistry
740 US History
550 French w/ Listening :(:(:(:(:(</p>

<p>The UCs will disregard the French score right?</p>

<p>^ I dont think they will reject you because you aren’t good at french lol :)</p>

<p>So does it mean that they only take the highest scores? If so, do they take 2 or 3 scores?</p>

<p>Often, when schools say they will disregard something, what they are saying is that whatever preprocessing the schools does, either by computer, or lowly paid clerks, will remove what the do not look at.</p>

<p>On the CA, for instance, when you submit an application to a school, it will say something like “X College has chosen not to download [whatever fields they do not look at]” </p>

<p>So, believe them. They are not setting you a trap.</p>

<p>I only sent my top scores though -_-…what to do now?</p>

<p>Is there anywhere on the UC website that says how they consider SAT II scores and how many they consider?</p>

<p>^ They only consider the two highest.</p>

<p>I’ve called the UC admissions office about this and this is what they told me:</p>

<p>They prefer to have you send all of them but if you choose to hide your scores through score choice, they can’t do anything about it.</p>

<p>If you decide to send all of them in, they’ll take your highest scores and disregard the rest.</p>

<p>It’s really up to you.</p>

<p>Just to add to what mrsir110 said … every UC campus I’ve spoken to has said that they do not penalize for Score Choice. </p>

<p>The reason why the UCs ask for ALL scores is because they don’t entirely trust the students to add the scores correctly. Students also sometimes mistakenly submit lower scores due to some weird misconception (like, “oh, my verbal is higher in this one so it looks better”).</p>