SAT IIs

<p>Hello everybody,</p>

<p>I’m in the process of applying to UCLA. I know that SAT II’s aren’t required there, but I already took them for other schools. I wasn’t planning on sending them (because I don’t really want to pay College Board any more than I have to), but now I feel kind of weird leaving that part of the application blank.</p>

<p>Does anybody know if a
740 Math II
720 Physics</p>

<p>would be worth sending? I know they’d be low for somewhere like MIT or Caltech, but are those ‘good’ enough to make a positive impact on my application?</p>

<p>Thanks a lot to anybody who responds!</p>

<p>LMAO when I was writing this, someone else posted a question about subject tests…</p>

<p>The UC prefers that you do not use score choice, so just send all scores - there is no extra charge that way.</p>

<p>Scores in the 700s are not low. Stop over thinking and send…</p>

<p>Thanks for your opinion.</p>

<p>I’m sending my ACT scores, not SAT Is. If I was sending my SAT, I would just send the subject tests too.
I can’t decide if my SAT IIs would be worth sending on their own, just for the sake of having subject tests on my app.</p>

<p>In my opinion, yes, it would be worth it to send a 740 Math II and 720 Physics to UCLA. It is important to remember that the UC required two SAT subject tests only a few short years ago. The change was made to be sure students without the opportunity for multiple SAT sittings would be eligible to apply, not because the UC did not value the information.</p>

<p>Though you may feel scores of 740 or 720 are low in comparison to some of the (unverified) bragging here on College Confidential, in the real world they are fine scores.</p>

<p>Send them - in my opinion it is worth the extra cost.</p>

<p>Good luck.</p>

<p>Ok, thanks</p>

<p>What about a 690 math 2 and a 700 biology? I’m also sending ACTS. Also do I have to report the scores on the application or can I just not mention them and send them to the schools that recommend them?</p>

<p>^^send them</p>