SAT Math 2 taken into consideration?

For engineering review, is the subject 2 math test taken into consideration?
My guess is yes but just would like to know before signing up.

Current stats -
SAT -1370 ~ 690 math 680 reading/writing
ACT 29 ~35 reading/27 math/ 29 english/ 25 science
Gpa 3.8 weighted
Classes - ap spanish 4, 5 , world history, us history, chem, physics, ab, stats, bio, micro, english lang, english lit, goverment
Couldnt take bc due to scheduling issues with chem :frowning:

If anyone has any information feel free to pitch in, I have till October 4th to sign up.

My son took the Sat Math 2 and submitted it with all his other scores to A&M, however I am not sure how much it was helpful for him to the engineering holistic review process. He was already an academic admit, was admitted to engineering in November, and had taken AB and BC Calc. That being said, if you are border line in your stats for engineering, every little bit helps. I know with UT Austin, they have an admission formula that they use that when applied to my son’s stats was higher when the SAT Subject tests were included and he did also get admission to engineering there, so who knows how A&M does their engineering holistic review, it may help with A&M as well.

My son was told that they look at everything for engineering review, especially math. He was told that they are looking for students who have had success in higher level math and physics classes. You mentioned that you couldn’t take Calc BC because of scheduling issues; did you take Calc AB? If you did, make sure to send that score over to TAMU. I think they are really looking at Calculus and Physics readiness and anything you have to show will help in the decision process. Good luck!

Currently in Calc AB and doing great, BC conflicted with AP chemistry this year as both are offered second period…

I took AP physics but not the test as I was discouraged by low pass rates, considering taking the physics subject test now too. Thanks for the info guys!

Awesome!! Sounds like you are doing exactly what they want to see. Best wishes!

I would reconsider taking the AP physics test if you took the class because you do not have to send the score if you do poorly and it only takes a 3 to test out of physics classes. Which AP physics did you take? AP Physics C is the one that gets you out of both semesters of physics for engineering if you take both exams and get at least a 3.