SAT Question

<p>Hello everyone, I had a quick question regarding SAT dates and the UC application deadline. I am planning on retaking the SAT I on October 10th, I also wanted to retake my SAT II November 7th. I know the UC Application Deadline is November 30th… Am I allowed to submit new test score from the November sitting after November 30th? I am sure my October results will be back before the 30th… Thank you for your help.</p>

<p>I think if you take it in november you have to rush the scores to the UCs.</p>

<p>According to the UC Admissions site:</p>

<p>“You may self-report your SAT and/or ACT results in the application, and you also are required to submit official test scores. Please order score reports from the testing agency no later than December 2009 for fall 2010 admission.”</p>

<p>Alright cp_sabotage that makes sense…So technically I can the SAT or ACT as long as my results are published before December 31st 2009? (I know its not a good idea to wait until the 31st). Does not self-reporting my results in the application by any chance effect my chances of admissions? Thank you for your help.</p>

<p>If you take the tests in Dec, the scores will be there in plenty of time with regular score reporting. They will even accept the scores if they don’t arrive until late Jan. Last year there was a problem between ACT and UC computers and my d’s scores were delayed being received until end of Jan and it was fine. Don’t sweat it and DO NOT rush the scores; they actually take longer to arrive because they go by snail mail and the UC system prefers to receive them through the computer system. They arrive very quickly providing no glitches.</p>

<p>Thank you for your help, looks like I have more time to re-take those tests than I originally thought.</p>

<p>The UC system accepts scores completed through December of your senior year for consideration in your admission decision. Please make sure to have all exams completed by the December offering of your senior year so that the scores can arrive by the end of January.</p>

<p>I’m not entirely sure about the self-reporting situation… I think you can state on the application that you plan to take the SAT/ACT in the future, if I remember correctly.</p>

<p>Good luck if you do choose to take the test(s) again, and best of luck with admissions!</p>

<p>Thanks for all of the help UCD admissions and cp_sabotage. Looks like the rest of my summer is going to raise those SAT scores!</p>