SAT score needed for engineering

My son didn’t do well on his SAT (1200). GPA 3.7. Wondering what his chances are. He is hopefully his scores will go up but want to be realistic. He has been in the engineering program at his hs. This entails didn’t types of engineering classes, summer work - a partnership with a nearby university and a required engineering internship of 120 hours.
EC: Marching band, jazz band
Honors classes and AP Physics

I think Catholic is test optional and relies more heavily on grades: https://www.catholic.edu/admission/undergraduate/first-year-students/application-process/index.html

nm.

75th percentile for engineering admits according to ASEE is 1370. Notes from when we when we visited say they wanted to see a minimum of 1150.

I do not know the exact breakdown for engineering but I would think your son would be competitive for entrance. You might want to inquire about where his grades would put him for merit aid as CUA seemed to use SAT/ACT in the past (before going test optional) as a major determining factor. My D17 attends CUA but is not an engineering major. She absolutely loves it. We looked there for my D19 briefly and the internships of the engineering students were impressive to me.

From the Catholic U. website:
“The Application Review
Your high school career is the foundation of our review of your application for admission. We closely evaluate the depth of your curriculum and classroom performance in the context of both your program of study and high school, and in so doing believe we can make effective admission decisions without requiring SAT or ACT scores. Your success in the classroom is the best indicator of your success here at Catholic.”
Also:
“Catholic University is test-optional; students will receive full consideration for all merit awards regardless of whether they submit standardized test scores.”