SAT Scores for submitting to schools

Hello everyone! I’m currently in the process of getting ready to submit my applications along with my Pre-Screens for 12 schools. The question I’m asking is should I submit my SAT scores? Every school on my list(see below) is test-optional besides Florida State and CSU doesn’t look at scores. My score isn’t that high, but it’s also not the lowest. The question is do I apply test optional or not to these schools… and do I send the scores to all my schools, or only a select few. Let me know!!

School List:
Baldwin Wallace Berklee - Boston Conservatory
CSU Fullerton (doesn’t look at test scores for academic admission)
Carnegie Mellon
Florida State (scores required)
Oklahoma City University
Pace University
University of Cincinnati - CCM
University of Michigan
University of Oklahoma
Webster University

Thanks again :slight_smile:

How can we answer that without knowing your SAT score?

This was on another thread: 1180 on the SAT.

If this is your highest SAT score, I would go test optional. My opinion.

What is your gpa? Weighted and unweighted? For Michigan and CMU there are academic thresholds and for pace there is significant merit for academics so knowing the rest may help

From the other thread…

Mostly As my entire high school career with the exception of a few Bs. All Honors and AP classes as well as some college classes through my local community college. Weighted Cumulative GPA 4.2. Testing is not my greatest suit though, but I still got an 1180 on the SAT.

2 Likes

With the info posted by @thumper1 do not submit

I agree on TO and OU says test optional but common data set shows 100% submission so you might double check it’s truly TO. Perhaps CDS is wrong. The score is in between the 25th and 50th percentile. I’m sure it’s TO as the website states but the 100% gives a slight pause to me.

OCU doesn’t provide test stats so you might ask the average to see. It might be additive there.

All that said given the major, the academics may count for less. Audition more etc

Good luck.

Clarifying, silly me did not include my score. I got an 1180 on the SAT and have a weighted GPA of 4.22 and unweighted of 3.84.

accurate information.

Definitely do not submit. S21 js a bfa acting student and had similar gpa to yours (maybe even a little lower) and got significant merit from the academic safeties on your list (pace) and passed the academic prescreen for Michigan. He did submit a higher sat but test optional schools are truly optional.

I only applied to one school on that list - university of michigan. I applied for school of kinesiology (sports management). I submitted my 1450 SAT (3.96 GPA), got differed, then accepted.