SAT scores not received?

<p>Hi everybody! I applied and paid the app fee to Alabama on Aug. 15 and mybama says my transcripts were received 8/18. The collegeboard website says that they sent my SAT scores last thursday, but mybama says that they haven’t received them yet. I’ve read so many nightmarish stories regarding the collegeboard and sending SAT scores that I think I’ve convinced myself something has gone wrong. My question is this: Do you think its likely that my scores have arrived, but they haven’t connected my scores to my file? Should I email someone to make sure everything is okay?</p>

<p>I’m sorry if I sound a bit crazy. I’m driving myself up the wall by checking mybama several times daily… I just need reassurance that this delay won’t hurt my chances of admission…?</p>

<p>Collegeboard electronically sends scores. Bama uploads batches of scores at a time into Bama’s computers. Bama doesn’t upload each one individually, so your score that was sent on Thursday may not get uploaded until sometime the following week when Bama uploads a bunch at one time.</p>

<p>Bama probably has a designated day each week that it uploads the most recently sent scores.</p>

<p>Keep an eye on it. We had a problem, not with SAT but with AP scores where a middle initial was switched! It took a few months to get it straightened out and I had to spend some time on the phone with college board…a P became an R…</p>

<p>The my bama status page is very slow to update. My d sent scores, and the sight never showed they had them. When I called, the admissions office told me they had them. I suggest calling and checking. I bet you find that the my bama site is just way behind.</p>

<p>Yes, that can be.</p>

<p>I know in the past others have found that Bama has their scores, but for some odd reason mybama isn’t showing that they have them.</p>

<p>That said, I know that Bama doesn’t upload each exam individually immediately after CB or ACT sends them. Now, there may be a second type of uploading that needs to be done to update mybama, and maybe that sometimes gets overlooked.</p>

<p>SoCalDad…how’s it going? Is your D going to visit after acceptance? If so, let us know so we can make some recommendations for you.</p>

<p>:)</p>

<p>Mom2college,
All is good. It appears from MyBama that D got her acceptance. We will wait for official letter. She was very excited to get her first acceptance.</p>

<p>As for visiting, not sure when that will take place. We may wait and do one last college visit sweep when her final list of acceptances come thru. Bama will be on that final trip. If I can find a way to swing it, we may do a separate trip down to you for a football weekend. In the meantime, we will continue to learn so much here from you and others.</p>

<p>Thanks so much.</p>

<p>^^^</p>

<p>Just a warning…it would be impossible to get a hotel on a football weekend…those are booked several months in advance.</p>