SAT Subject Test Score Choice?

Ok, I’m confused. We all know that SAT Subject Tests are RECOMMENDED for UCs, not REQUIRED. Also, UCs say “In the College Board’s Score Choice module, ensure that all scores are sent to UC. We require all scores and will use the highest scores from a single administration.” Does this include SAT Subject Test scores?

Furthermore, here are some questions and answers found on PrepScholar
(http://blog.prepscholar.com/colleges-requiring-all-sat-scores-complete-list):

“Do I need to send all my SAT “subject” scores and AP scores to UC? Can I selectively report the scores? Thanks!”

Answer: “Hi Gary, unlike the SAT and ACT, SAT Subject Test scores and AP scores are an optional part of the UC application. You can read about SAT Subject Tests and AP tests waaaaaay at the bottom of this page (http://admission.universityofcalifornia.edu/freshman/requirements/examination-requirement/index.html). So you can selectively report the scores you feel best represent you. Best of luck!”

Also, here’s another:
“SAT subject tests are listed as recommended (not required) on the University website but the website also says the university does not participate in score choice. Clearly, I need to send all SAT scores given no participation in score choice but can I only send some of my SAT subject tests to the University?”

“Hi Monisha, thanks for writing! You’re right that you have to send all of your SAT scores if the school doesn’t participate in score choice. However, you are free to choose which SAT Subject Tests you want to send. Since SAT Subject Tests are listed as recommended but not required, you could send none of your scores, some of them, or all of them. I suggest sending your highest Subject Test scores, especially if they’re in the area you want to study in college. Don’t feel pressured to send a lower subject test score if you feel it doesn’t represent your abilities. Best of luck!”

Obviously, I’m not sure whether the second question refers to UCs, but the first one obviously does.
So, can someone please clarify for me – can we choose which SAT Subject Tests to send to UCs? Or must we send them all?

Edit: The questions on PrepScholar were answered in October 2015; has their (UCs’) score choice policy regarding SAT Subject Tests changed since then?

Edit #2: Ok, guys, check this out:
https://mobile.twitter.com/CalAdmissions/status/667130808004661248

The UC Twitter account clearly says “Submit scores of your choice” in regards to SAT Subject Tests, but then say “Yes, that is correct” when someone asks if they must submit ALL scores.
SO CONFUSED! Can someone please help me out?

Subject tests are not required for the majority of UC majors. Unless you are applying into a major that requires subject tests, you do not need to send them. For the SAT and ACT, they want all of your scores.

@lkg4answers
Thank you so much!
I appreciate your answer.

What if the scores show up on our official transcript, though?
I know that we self-report grades to the UCs and send them official transcripts only after being accepted, but what if they see a low subject test score on the official transcript? Would they rescind their acceptance since they’d think we’re being untruthful?

If they are not required, you won’t be penalized for not sending them. You seem anxious. Your best bet is to contact the admissions department and ask them directly.

UC’s will not see your transcript until you are accepted and enrolled. You only send your final transcript to the school you plan to attend after you graduate.