SAT Subject tests! Are they relevant this year?

Hi, I’m a Brazilian student and decided to apply to 15 us colleges for admissions during fall 2021.

Last year, I took the standard SAT a few times but only took the Subject test once due to COVID restrictions. As a result, I did not do that well on the Subject test and scored 770/800 on the Spanish section and only 700/800 on the Math 2 section. As I applied mainly to universities with admissions rates lower than 15%, will this have any serious impact on my application?

Just for context, I scored 1510 on the SAT (780 in the math section and 730 in the English section) and 110/120 on the TOEFL IBT.
My school report consisted mainly of 9,5s (on a scale from 0 to 10), which is reasonably above average for Brazilian schools. I took the standard subjects for my school curriculum - we cannot choose any electives nor AP classes in Brazil -, so pretty much all the way from math, physics, chemistry, etc to geography, sociology, and philosophy. I also received a national gold medal at the Brazilian Astronomy and Astronautics Olympiad. Besides, I have Spanish and Mandarin proficiency certificates - apart from Portuguese, my native language.
Additionally, I was also part of my school’s volleyball team, several volunteer work experiences, and was one of the founders of three student groups and one non-profit organization during high school.

Also, is it true that College Board ended the SAT Subject Tests? (this is just a curiosity)

Thankss for the answers!!!

Yes. Although international students can still take in May and June. But not worth it IMO. In your case though, based on your SAT score, you should be able to score much higher than 700 without too much prep. The Spanish score is more than acceptable.

1 Like