SAT Subject Tests - UC Application

Hello! I’m a senior and I’m currently in the process of filling out my UC Application. I’ve recently looked into SAT Subject Tests and heard that they would help make my application “stand out”. Since I’m aiming for a computer science major, the UC website recommended that I take the Math 2 exam.

However, due to other time commitments, the only time I’m able to take it is on December 3rd. Since the application is due November 30, would taking this Subject Test past the deadline hurt my chances of getting accepted into the UC schools?

Some UCs will start reviewing apps by then. Check each campus to see what subject test they rec for engineering majors. It differs by campus.

SAT subject tests will not make your application “stand out” since they are recommended for many majors especially STEM at the UC’s. Doing well on the subject tests will help your chances but not only is SAT Math 2 exam recommended but another Science SAT subject test is recommended especially if CS is in the School of Engineering. I would recommend that you consider also taking the SAT subject test in Physics but Chemistry or Biology will fulfill the recommendation.

Here is the submission deadline for the UC’s:
Freshman applicants for fall 2019 must arrange to have official score reports sent to us by December 2018. If you plan to take an exam December, indicate the planned test date on your admission application.

http://admission.universityofcalifornia.edu/freshman/requirements/examination-requirement/SAT-subject-tests/index.html