SAT vs. GPA

<p>Would it be more advantageous to have a high GPA (above UC average) or high SAT scores?</p>

<p>Can a high GPA warrant for a mediocre SAT score?
eg. I have a 1960 for SAT I but a 4.0 UW and 4.5 UC GPA</p>

<p>It would be most advantageous to have high on both of course. As for which is better its really hard to say, since there is a certain balance that adds to your overall academic 'goody points' as you say. Losing .1 GPA overall will have a certain equal match to a drop in SATs or something like that. </p>

<p>However, in an attempt to answer more directly, i would say a higher GPA/lower SAT is to your advantage for a couple of reasons. </p>

<p>GPA is the resultant score of years of hard work and thus a high of that shows that you can dedicate yourself to your studies. the SAT however is merely a 5 hour test that many people can pay thousands on to strengthen and heighten their score through a couple months of training on 'the basics.' </p>

<p>as for how important they are overall, extracurriculars are equally as important. I know a 1480/2400 kid that got into Berkeley because he twirls a batton very well, but a 2400/2400, 4.0 UW, 5.07 W get rejected from stanford because all he does is watch football and chill with friends. of course berkeley and stanford arent comparable in instate admissions standards, but i think the point is there/</p>

<p>and if you can, make your self as black as possible. that helps the most out of everything</p>