Save housing in West Lafayette

<p>I'm an international student begining at Purdue this Fall and I'm looking for housing. Does someone know how are the chances to get a room on-campus? Or does somenone know where is a save place to live for me as a single woman in an apartment out of campus?</p>

<p>You can apply for residence ( female only) in-campus. You can do it online from MyPurdue Portal page.Thee is a deadline ,so make sure you check first.I hope this will help.</p>

<p>Hmm yeah. I think the deadline is already over, but check it with Purdue. Worst case scenario, you can check craigslist and see if people are still looking for roommates. But I would definitely say you should try on-campus housing your first semester/year.</p>

<p>Btw are you an undergrad or graduate student?</p>

<p>I’m a graduate student, are there housing only for grad students?</p>

<p>Hawkins is for people over 20. It’s a nice building that is getting a renovation I think since I see some sort of construction outside of it. There’s also Purdue Village which is for families but also for graduate students. I’d recommend Hawkins over Purdue Village, personally. Location and the building layout is much better at Hawkins.</p>

<p>There are brand new “towers” that are specifically for upperclassmen… so that would fit, they are more on the expensive side though. The deadline for applying for campus housing i believe was may 1. I would look into off campus housing</p>

<p>First Street Towers were already full around April. It’s either Hawkins or Off-Campus housing. If your doing Off-Campus, better start searching now since the better ones get full really fast starting now…</p>

<p>Which are these new towers? Where is the more expensive side? I’m searching now for off-campus housing but I don’t know which apartment buildings are good and which are not.
Does someone know an apartment building with nice apartments and a nice environment?</p>

<p>Please…, I need some tips… thanks :-)</p>

<p>First Street Towers are the new one. The better apartments for off-campus are places like College Station on I-52, nice studios they have. Nice environment a pool, hot tub, sand volleyball court and nice grilling areas. Campus Suites are nice when you have 2 or 3 friends with you. Unless you don’t mind having random people being your roommates. But they have a nice building, room, kitchen, outside and all. McCormicks is pretty good also along with Willowbrook Apartments. If it’s been Willowbrook and McCormicks I’d recommend McCormicks. Willowbrook is nice and all but what kills it is really bad internet. It barely ever connects and it’s very slow… The internet connection might not really matter but when you gotta get work done and want to just surf online then thats when you will regret it. But overall, I’d recommend College Station’s studio room and there’s a bus system that goes to campus every thirty minutes.</p>