Saved for Honors Bound?

<p>There is an UH class I’m watching with 8 seats of 8 filled. The past two Bama Bounds those numbers haven’t changed. Are those remaining 7 seats saved to open on registration of Honors Bama Bound in July? Or do I need to log in every time registration opens in hopes of being there at the right time?</p>

<p>It’s hard to know. We’ve heard that if honors students are attending non-honors BB, that a proportional number of honors seats will open.</p>

<p>Thanx… Thats what I expected…I’ll keep watching it.
Once you get the rest of the schedule set, there is only a couple time slots open to work Honors in.</p>

<p>Looking on myBama page, and it has listed </p>

<p>Registration Permits and Overrides</p>

<p>Permit/Override</p>

<p>CRN</p>

<p>Subject</p>

<p>Course</p>

<p>Capacity OverrideHES 100 Freshman Compass Human Env Sci</p>

<p>College Restriction</p>

<p>HES</p>

<p>100</p>

<p>Freshman Compass Human Env Sci</p>

<p>Special Approval</p>

<p>HES</p>

<p>100</p>

<p>Freshman Compass Human Env Sci</p>

<p>a class override for HES 100 Freshman Compass Human Environmental Science. The catalog says “open to incoming CHES freshmen”.
What is CHES??</p>

<p>Sorry, the computer had a glitch as I was typing that last post.
Looking under registration status, son has a Permit override for HES 100.
The catalog says it is open to all CHES freshmen. What is CHES?
Also, this class is not in son’s schedule now, what can you tell me about the class.
Is it that helpful for new kids and he needs to work it in? It only counts towards Honors and doesn’t fullfill other requirement?</p>

<p>CHES = College of Human Environmental Sciences</p>

<p>Normally one would have to be in that college to be able to take that class. I assume your son asked for and received an override (permit) to allow him to register for it or is his major or minor in CHES?</p>

<p>Generally a compass class is an introduction to the specific college. You learn about the different majors available in the college and how the advising and registration process works. How to use the college’s specific library (if they have one) etc etc etc.</p>

<p>GBA 145 would be the College of Commerce & Business Administration (C&BA) equivalent.</p>

<p>Weird, no he had no idea what that was either. He is Biology major so I don’t see the need for it.
Thank you for the info.</p>