Say It Ain't So Joe! (I mean Anthony)

<p>Three things first and foremost, I am glad to hear that our Hawaiian contingent are doing well and came through the situation yesterday intact. Second, my prayers go out to the people of northern Japan and hope that they rebound from this massive disaster. And third, as I sit here watching the Kentucky and Alabama basketball game, I thought that you may want to hear what I heard this morning. NC State is coming off another below par year for them and it is not looking good for State to retain Sidney Lowe. Link that with the fact that State has a new AD Debbie Yow who is trying to make a name for herself, it is almost a certainty that Coach Lowe is gone. Now for the news that I heard this morning. Speaking to a couple of NC State neighbors this morning at the fence line, as I was mowing, they said that if it comes to pass that Lowe is gone, Anthony Grant is on their short list. Maybe all rumors, but they (my neighbors) have called it right on the money before.</p>

<p>Anyway, it would be a severe setback for the program to lose Coach Grant at this stage. I believe Bama is poised to have many respectable years ahead, but we have to keep Coach Grant. This year has been up and down, but the recruits are starting to take notice of Bama and our coach, so it won’t be long before we are solid year in and year out.</p>

<p>I am putting an extra few dollars in my alumni renewal dues and I am designating that it go towards the Keep Anthony Grant Fund!! </p>

<p>RTR and I hope we take this game!!!</p>

<p>I think Bama will increase Grant’s salary if needed. His salary is high, but it’s not so high that it couldn’t be increased. I’m sure some well-heeled alumni are on the phone with Mal Moore today putting their money where their mouths are to do what it takes to keep him. </p>

<p>Heck, the mayor of T-town is probably also weighing in. </p>

<p>Bama and T-town cannot lose Coach Grant. The need to be successful in football and basketball is just too lucrative to let slip away. </p>

<p>Maybe like the Tide for Toomers fundraising, there needs to be a Tide for Tony fundraiser. </p>

<p>Mrs. Grant and Terri Saban are friends…sometimes wives can influence as well.</p>

<p>(Can NCState afford to buy out his Bama contract?)</p>

<p>With all due respect to NC State, it ain’t UNC. Coaches don’t leave a big conference school unless they are going to a blue blood like Duke or UCLA, or they retire or are fired. No school in a BCS conference, not even Auburn, is a bad job. For example, a school from mid-major with Alabama’s record wouldn’t even be sniffing an NCAA bid.</p>

<p>Good points!</p>

<p>If it comes about that Lowe is gone, I am worried that there is so much pressure to make a good hire this time, that they may dig deep into their pockets. How deep and can their pockets compare to Bama, I am not sure. This is a basketball crazy area (ACC) and they (NC State) have done a pretty poor job over the last 12 years keeping up with UNC and Duke. As far as leaving Bama for a non blue blood, money talks!</p>

<p>Time will tell! </p>

<p>Hey Mom, by well heeled, was their a pun in there? As in Tar Heel’s. Or are you insinuating that I am not well heeled?</p>

<p>Anthony Grant is going nowhere. He’s already paid in the top 10 of all coaches in the entire country. NC State doesn’t have the money to come close to what Bama is currently paying Coach Grant let alone give him a raise. </p>

<p>Some may not know this but Alabama is the 2nd winningest basketball program in SEC history behind Kentucky. Coach Grant saw firsthand what Billy Donovan did at UF and he knows he has the
ability to do the same at UA. </p>

<p>Today’s loss was ugly and Penn St beating Mich St isn’t something we wanted to see. But I still believe we will hear our name called tomorrow evening. Roll Tide!!</p>

<p>*Hey Mom, by well heeled, was their a pun in there? As in Tar Heel’s. Or are you insinuating that I am not well heeled? *</p>

<p>LOL…no pun intended. I was just thinking about the rich Bama donor that drives to every football game in his million dollar RV (actually I think it’s a 2 million dollar RV). And he arrives for the weekends with 30k in champagne and fine wines.</p>

<p>:)</p>

<p>I was sweating this one out! Glad you all were right. But NC State did hire our former coach Mark Gottfried.</p>

<p>My condolences to NCSU…</p>