Say it here cause you can't say it directly- the get it off your chest thread (NO REPLIES TO OTHER POSTS)

A woman complained at a school board meeting (not my town, but in my state) about the agenda being pushed at her child’s school. She claimed that the school put a litter box in the unisex bathroom for students who identify as cats (furries, I guess?). She was serious. I feel so sorry for her kid.

6 Likes

Done with reaching out. You clearly have no interest and I am moving on.

1 Like

Bought a package of Korean marinated beef.
Cooking instruction: “cook well.”

12 Likes

So thankful you are out of imminent danger. Hope you can go back home soon. You made the right decision and we’re so proud of your maturity and sense of responsibility.

10 Likes

Tesla - love the car, but hate the company

9 Likes

These threads aren’t for writing books

10 Likes

What a morning. Good grief, people.

Proud of myself for speaking up yesterday about something that really hurt me. And it ended well! It is so hard for me to do that.

25 Likes

I feel awful for the parents, but I don’t think it’s wise to try to dictate what you think should happen. It would be more helpful to push for real mental health professionals to set up a better system.

2 Likes

There are many smart and thought-provoking folks on this site.

7 Likes

Dear coughing man in front of me at the grocery store today,

I stayed a good 10 feet behind you in line. But when you pulled your mask OFF to cough as you unloaded at the register, I pulled out of the line. Really?!

Was toying with going back to delivery/curbside for a while. Thank you for solidifying that decision.

2 Likes

I ordered a pair of gloves from Columbia. They sent me the gloves in a box that is 18 inches x 12 1/2 inches x 5 1/2 inches. For one pair of gloves. In a size small.

2 Likes

I hope it’s finally beginning!

Welcome Willow! :cat2:

26 Likes

So, in order to be part of the qualifying group…does it all need to be stock/OEM equipment? How much after delivery modification is allowed?? Could one just change the ‘title’ to reflect a different perspective and still qualify?

$80 to rent a geology textbook for one semester. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

"Ordinary People” is a damned good movie but probably not one I should watch again.

6 Likes

I love organizations that send me return postage paid envelopes after I’ve told them I’m not interested in being on their mailing list because I don’t support their cause. It makes it so easy to return everything to them and is a good use of their donated money.

Sure beats getting annoyed and filling up garbage bags.

5 Likes

I am happy that you remodeled your mom’s house and put it up for sale instead of leaving it as-is and a potential rental and then teardown. Really.

If it sells for what our other neighbor thinks, it is above and beyond what my kids will ever be able to spend. It’s just an early ‘70s split on a cul-de-sac in an ok neighborhood. The closest amenity is the library half a mile away. Light rail is still 3 years away. I guess I’m just sad that homeownership in this area will be limited to techies with super high salaries. Who else can put $250K down?

3 Likes

Who put da cocaine in da coconut…

3 Likes