Say it here cause you can't say it directly- the get it off your chest thread (NO REPLIES TO OTHER POSTS)

I thought grief got easier. It doesn’t.

Oh god. Why don’t you go fly a kite? :kite:

5 Likes

I’m happy for you to have something to do but wish it was something that was not related to my work field. In tax season I work 7 days a week and long hours every day. I do not want to come home after a 11-12+ hour day and answer questions about taxes because of your volunteer gig.

Also I’m sure you found your 3 days of tax classes enlightening and enjoyable. Do you really think they mean you can or should mansplain tax laws to me? I’m the tax manager at a CPA firm, so that’s a no. A BIG HUGE NO!!

If you enjoy this then how about doing it as a paying gig next time like I suggested when you first mentioned it. It’s not like we could not use the money.

25 Likes

I hate that we differ on our Covid views, but believe that each person is entitled to their own comfort level. What upsets me is you thinking my daughter was wrong to decline the invitation for her 2 year old to be in your daughter’s upcoming wedding. Her reasoning was she wasn’t comfortable having her unvaccinated child in a large wedding out of town. If this was one of her siblings, she might feel differently, but this is for someone’s wedding that she hasn’t seen in 18 years and wasn’t friends with. While my daughter and your other daughter participated in an activity together, and were friends, once they went to college, they did not keep in touch, except through us, their moms. Just because we are friends, it doesn’t mean our kids have to be.

My daughter doesn’t want to commit to attending the wedding at this early date, nor have her daughter be in the wedding. Had she know this was going to be something that might cause a problem with the friendship between us, she might have giving a different reason. In the meantime, I wait to see how mad my friend is; I have already heard how my daughter needs to live her life and not be so sheltered. :angry:

3 Likes

EFC calculations are garbage.

4 Likes

Someone is smoking something really potent. There is no way in heck that place is worth the asking price. There are no views, no acreage to subdivide, and it is small and old. I will eat my hat if it sells for anywhere close to that number anytime soon. I am confident my hat and my digestive system are safe. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I am very angry about allowing the SAT be optional…it is being taken advantage of because kids did not do well on that exam.

5 Likes

Rafa! Rafa! Rafa! Fabulous!!!

12 Likes

My inner two year old rules this week. Just signed up for the oh so bad service to listen to the even worse podcast.

Yup, trying to censor stuff just causes a huge run on it.

Keep it up. The ability to silence other must feel intoxicating. But - somehow it is having the opposite of the intended effect.

8 Likes

If there is one thing this pandemic has taught me it’s that I’ve been vastly overestimating what constitutes average intelligence.

26 Likes

The book’s cover still matters more.

I bought Maus.

27 Likes

Good job, Irish fishermen.

8 Likes

Another OT game! What’s up with the coin flip? Again?

4 Likes

Amazing finish!! :tada::tada::tada:

5 Likes

Who Dey!

4 Likes

Wow!!! Best post season ever.

11 Likes

Hope this game is as fun to watch as the one prior! :football::heart:

3 Likes

I’m always amazed at the number of people who say they hike, kayak, climb, zipline, parasail, etc. on vacations. Sounds like work to me. But you guys go. I’ll just curl up with my book, take a nap, and share a cocktail with you when you get back, hopefully in one piece.

22 Likes

Yes! Hats off to you, Mr. Stafford. Sorry that the Lions organization never could figure out how to make it work for you, but I am happy for you, just the same.

11 Likes