Say it here cause you can't say it directly- the get it off your chest thread (NO REPLIES TO OTHER POSTS)

Silver lining to the cloud:
Side benefit of having to postpone our WDW arrival by a day…allows my big toe to heal from the fly-by rib rack attack from the freezer. :joy:

Not thrilled about needing to change our flights, but ability to change flights at no cost is way better than having the flight cancelled and being totally out of luck.

VERY glad we went through a travel agency for this trip…the travel agent is waiting on hold w/WDW for us instead of me sitting on hold for over an hour!

13 Likes

Rule of thumb: You shouldn’t post more responses than OP in a chance me thread.

1 Like

Flight to see S for Parents weekend canceled by airlines due to Hurricane Ian.

But….successfully rebooked to see him in a couple weeks.

Thankful.

21 Likes

Praying for everyone in Florida the last couple of days. Hard to imagine the stress. I know neighbors will be there for each other; let’s just hope the insurance companies don’t make life for those who are already suffering even harder.

17 Likes

It caught me off guard and it definitely creeped me out.

Snarky responses in real life or on discussion boards like “you be you” and “Google is your friend” can only lead to mutually assured destructive responses like “I know you are, but what am I?”

Can we stop the madness today? :rofl:

2 Likes

Why is my football news feed littered with stories of altercations, confrontations and alleged disagreements? Did the sports news desk fill their vacancies with Hollywood gossip columnists?
Can I just get straight up :football: news? I don’t really care about the drama.

2 Likes

Hope this is ok to post. Not a fan of the social
Media holidays (except for dog
Holidays!) but I can get behind this one

Edited to say “CAN” get behind this one - bad mistake!!!

28 Likes

More is not always better. In fact, sometimes it can make things worse.

1 Like

Wow, that was a short marriage.

6 Likes

Ohhh noooooo… We had a beach house rented on Sanibel Island for 5 weeks starting Nov 1. We have been thinking that, assuming Sanibel fared OK, we would give up the vacation rental for someone who had been displaced from their home during the storm. (Until last night the worst was predicted for Tampa area). I’ve been checking comments on FB about Sanibel tonight. It sounds like that island, Captiva and Ft Myers Beach are completely devastated. Sanibel Lighthouse is gone. Three posters indicated Sanibel is (or was earlier) under 18 to 20 feet of water. The highest elevation on Sanibel is 3 to 4 feet.

We can go on vacation anywhere/anytime so I am not at all worried about that. I am just so sad for all those who are really suffering right now. Of course the things can be replaced but the anguish and mental health toll getting from here to there…I just can’t imagine.

I hope and pray that what I read is some overblown/“fog of war” kind of reports and that the loss of communities and life won’t be as bad as was described in the comments.

18 Likes

I bought 3 different sizes of jean on this trip, After eating everything under the sun, I’m back to wearing the smallest size. What not to like, lol.

4 Likes

Don’t you get it, I feel like I’m drowning in stuff? It’s time to start decluttering, not time to bring in more stuff.

7 Likes

IMPACT OF INTEREST RATES ON HOUSING AFFORDABILITY:

According to Bloomberg’s Chief Economist today -
2021 Real Estate: 20% Downpayment, $2,500/month = $758,00 home affordable
2022 Real Estate: 20% Downpayment, $2,500/month = $476,000 home affordable

The Global Central Bank Crisis (my term) will take all of the remaining bubbles down with it.

5 Likes

Spare me your moral posturing.

Made airplane ticket and the price increased $70 while I sat there! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Oh yeah… that hand you were trying to bite will be coming to save your ass, after all.

5 Likes

Authors.
Chuffed is something you are, not something you do.
It’s marquess, not marquis.

Two authors, two books. These errors took me out of both of them. The first, ok, probably self-edited, but the second is published by PRH. :confounded:

3 Likes

Eleven innings and a win! Magic number down to one. Hoping for something big to celebrate at the game tomorrow night.

2 Likes

I don’t know why I am surprised by the complete ignorance of the posts on the Facebook page for colleges. The stupidity is terrifying. Google people. And also READ.

4 Likes