Say it here cause you can't say it directly- the get it off your chest thread (NO REPLIES TO OTHER POSTS)

It’s Opening Day! Happy Baseball to all who celebrate!!!

10 Likes

It’s great to have so much work, but boy, I’m tired. It didn’t help yesterday when my client said, “Your drawings look great, but oops, I just realized we forgot to tell you we missed an area and you need to do more…” Ugh. At least I get paid hourly. I refuse to do jobs on a lump sum basis. I know I’ve lost potential clients for that reason, but I’m not going to eat money due to other people’s errors.

12 Likes

Not at all a, “Get it off your chest” post, but one I want to shout out anyway, to more than just my son…

To all the doctors and med school students out there:

May you have a great day today on National Doctors Day! Many of us really appreciate you and all the work you’ve put into being a doctor in order to be able to help us when we have needs.

:champagne: :clinking_glasses: :heart:

21 Likes

Am I automatically a bad person because I couldn’t care less what happens in the Gwyneth Paltrow ski case?

6 Likes

S is submitting an internship app this evening which could lead, if eventually selected, to some very special opportunities.

Karma needs to continue being spectacular today.
:crossed_fingers:t2::four_leaf_clover::fortune_cookie::fireworks::us::desktop_computer::books:

17 Likes

About time.

12 Likes

Always the humble brags. :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

DD is supposed to get a certification for work- actually for a different department she hasn’t been officially offered yet. The only training is 3 hours away on Easter weekend. The entire weekend. Who thought that was a good idea?

DS insight for the day ‘In Germany, kids don’t leave your house. In America, they never leave your cell plan’

4 Likes

I’m asking Olivia Benson to speak at our next moderators’ meeting. :grin:

7 Likes

Maybe your kid is just a jerk.

4 Likes

I am not allowed to ask you about your social life/dating. I am not allowed to ask you about your health or your eating habits. Shall we talk about the weather instead? Or how about them Red Sox?

8 Likes

Oh the entitlement! Do you know how you come across?

2 Likes

4.5 in Riverside County at 6:16 pm today. It felt like a quick punch. Channel 8 local news, San Diego, the anchors felt it, but the weather woman didn’t.

I don’t remember what the last one was last week.

Earthquakes, floods and rain, Oh MY!

Gotta go find a yellow brick road soon.

4 Likes

Please, let the tornadoes abate and let people be safe.

17 Likes

We have a city election here next week. Only 4 races: mayor with 16 people running, auditor (2), city council (at large, about 10) and city council my district (2). Any time I got something in the mail, I put it in the stack. Today I reviewed them all. All say exactly the same things - be tough of crime, fix the homeless problem, immigration. They will all fix it all. Who knew we only had to ask these ~30 people to come forward and solve all the problems? And all have the same solution.

In the end, I voted for the ones who had sent me the least amount of junk mail. I figured those are the ones who care the most about the land fill problem. Sorry Diane, too much junk mail.

4 Likes

Iowa! Nice job Ladies.

6 Likes

What the :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:?!! Human Milk Institute?! Seriously, folks. All we need to do is stop shaming new moms for feeding their babies as Mother Nature intended it. Not all of them have the guts to wave a middle finger at the shamers as I did back then. Geez!!!

7 Likes

Your arguments are stupid and cruel. You can choose what she learns, you can homeschool forever, but the world is what it is and sooner or later your uneducated and illprepared offspring will live in that world, not the one you are fabricating.

18 Likes

My dog has lymphoma. :frowning_face:

2 Likes