Say it here cause you can't say it directly- the get it off your chest thread (Part 1)

I wish that I could sleep, but I’m too excited to hear your updates today. Sometimes we are just too many time zones apart.

Not everything can be the top priority. When you prioritize based on who calls you, you’re just teaching them that the squeaky wheel gets the grease. You’re not teaching them to use the process that you set up.

I’m sure it’s just me, but when you use terms like “snowflake” and “SJW” in your arguments, I tend to tune you out.

I’ve known you for 45 years. I worked with you for 29 years. We have shared a lot of good times, a million jokes, some very distressing events and I’ve supported you relentlessly in your well-being. Anyway, I know you’re “difficult” in your way. Several quirks and I smile fondly. You are soooo smart. You have a boatload of friends. You are “popular”. I know we interact mostly in social media nowadays. (We need to do lunch!!!). And I have noticed…you don’t really support me and my endeavors and my great news items. I have had four huge family life events in the last 9 months and you do not even bother to hit the “Like” button, let alone comment. It really hurts me. I feel like I’m invisible to you.

Recently, I have been thinking how un-competitive I am compared to my friends who already got job after graduations because unlike them, my foreign student status has effectively vaporized any chance of getting internships or co-op. I dread the day I graduate with masters with no jobs lined up while still being stuck in a limbo called “international student.” All I can do now is to do respectable research and learn lab techniques as much as possible to put them in the resume, but I am genuinely scared that I will be jobless in my 30s, and I am already 24.

Soo, apparently it’s employee appreciation week. You ask your employees to pay to get themselves down to the Dome for a buffet lunch, and then you run out of food before many of the employees (including DH) get there? They aren’t feeling very appreciated!

Met with Elder Care lawyer today. Mom is on hospice palliative care and they can only do so much. Family, meaning me, is responsible for the majority of her care. Not sure how long I can take care of her increasing needs but nursing homes are so expensive and I want to try and preserve what little assets my folks have for my dad who’s very old but can still live at home with me just checking in on him. He did great when mom was in rehab for two months. My stress levels are through the roof. Dear Lord, give me strength to do the right things for my folks and to remember to take care of myself so I can be there for my own family.

Keystone testing week is so boring. At least I’m glad I have the computer and access to the internet, esp when it’s hours of sitting and quiet. Don’t even get a class change until 10am. Proctoring tests was worse - can’t even use the computer or read then.

In my dreams I could take these kids outside and prowl around the woods a little. In reality, they need to catch up on work in order to complete classes before school ends next week.

At least it’s money (for me) and that can go toward our next trip…

I really hope you can fix whatever is wrong with your computer and WiFi before your call comes in this morning with a job offer! And I hope it’s a good offer since I know it’s a company you’re interested in. And I’d really love it to have you close to home since you’ve been in Asia all year! Can’t wait to hear the news!

Why am I so anxious about flying to Copenhagen to visit our daughter? All I have to do is pack a suitcase and hop on the plane. She is taking care of everything else.

No one gives a rat’s A how competitive or highly ranked your high school is. ?

The insurance agent who took over our account has sent me five different quotes in the last 24 hours on one house. Each one has been incomplete or had incorrect information. When she remembers to include requested coverage items, she messes up the deductible or discounts. I’ve tried two other insurance companies already, both of which ignored my question about a specific type of coverage until after they sent quotes which were even higher than our current insurer. I really hope the new agent gets quote #6 correct.

As much as I hate car shopping, buying my current car was easier and more pleasant than getting this HO ins.

I first met you I was struck by how young you are to have so much responsibility. The way you handled the stinking mess that got dumped on you last week showed me you have/are something special, and I look forward to seeing you continue to take on more challenges.

Sears Home Warranty service, you suck. We know you suck, and yet we still renewed for another year.
We need Freon (or whatever it’s called), so we call for repair. You sent a “maintenance tech” who doesn’t carry Freon, instead of the “repair tech” who would have had Freon. WE TOLD YOU WE NEEDED FREON, multiple times. Husband stayed home from work for this, and now you say you can’t come back until NEXT Friday. It’s going to be HOT here during the next several days.
I called to complain, and the first time I asked to talk to a supervisor, and I was sent to an answering machine that was full. The second time, the woman at least contacted the district manager, who is supposed to call me tomorrow…
I don’t see this ending well.

I think CC should be able to limit the number of threads that can be started by the same person to address their personal issues. This community is so generous with advice and sympathy but it seems like some people abuse that generosity and, like a drunk at the bar, someone needs to cut them off simply because enough’s enough. I say 3 threads started for no other reason than to get attention is a good max.

Boss: Great work, but please replace XYZ with a term of the art.

Me: it is a term of the art. {sends him a few links to articles in top journals}

Boss: OMG.

Lol!!!

The threads have been “chippier” than a Bruins Canadiens game the last few weeks.

Decision season or final choice pressure?

Engineering school discussions really don’t need to be the Hatfield’s vs McCoys.

I’m going to stick to the favorite concerts thread for a bit. Lol.

Trying not to worry about not having enough money when my twins start college in a few years. This is always on my mind. It is in my dreams sometimes.

Thank you to everyone who has donated blood.

Comments such as " do you realize there is now a backlash against Ivies since they are no longer taking the best students but rather, taking students that fit their social justice agendas?"… have much more credibility prior to your kids rejections from the aforementioned schools. After the fact you just sound bitter even in the unlikely event that is what you thought all along.