Say it here cause you can't say it directly- the get it off your chest thread (Part 1)

There is no “undo” button IRL.

$62M? It really pays off to be the chief executive monkey.

Why would anyone send a text message to a landline? It’s indecipherable! And the sender has my cell number. Just send a regular text!

Students who do not qualify for need based aid looking for full ride merit scholarships at top 20 universities without top stats. Yeah right.

Since you are not allowed to respond to my post on this thread, it does not give you permission to go on another thread that I am on and comment on what I post here.

There might be some intelligence in there, but even if there is, it is very artificial. ?

Please let her get the gig she wants. She’s been screwed over once too often where she is. She works hard, knows what she’s doing, and ignored. She deserves to be recognized.

Sorry, son, that you think we’re being unfair by charging you 2/3 as much for rent as you would pay for the scummiest apartment in Portland (and that includes utilities plus use of the car). “I’m your son!” doesn’t cut it. You’re 24, time to fly the nest. I’m glad you’re going to find other living arrangements, frankly.

And to think we had Jimmy G. first, but couldn’t find a way to keep him and Brady a bit longer. Sigh.

You are a smart and well educated (MBA) person. Yet you post something on FB that is a “warning” without vetting it. Took me a whole 2 minutes to find that this is a hoax which has been around for years.

My birthday is tomorrow. Had our weekly phone chat with ds tonight. Not a word about it. Not a, “What are you doing for your birthday?” Not a, “Happy early birthday, Mom!” Absolutely nothing. I don’t think he has any recollection that tomorrow is his mother’s birthday. :frowning: Good thing that FB will remind him tomorrow, I suppose.

2 more Mondays

Really happy the HSPT is done. Really bummed we live in an area where the public high schools are all at about a 3 on Great Schools. Come on California, make great public schools a priority everywhere in this state.

Whoa, it’s hard to tell an arborist which trees to cut down to get a view when I’m 2,500 miles away and honestly can’t remember exactly what/where the view was before the trees kept growing.

My parents’ property is in the county, not in the city limits. Their neighbor has given us permission to cut down a couple of trees on their lot, but they ARE in the city limits (where Drew Brees grew up!). That city has ridiculously strict rules - you can’t even cut back brush without a permit. The arborist said he doesn’t think the city will grant permission to cut those trees. I’m glad we live in Maine, ha. We can cut whatever trees we want.

I don’t know what to do. I don’t know what to tell you. I want to believe this is going to turn out, but my heart breaks for you. If the economy is so great, why is finding a job so hard? I haven’t felt this helpless since you were in the hospital. Hang in there seems like cold comfort.

10 more times I get to go to this job

Eleven assignments/tests already graded.
Tweve assignments/tests yet to be graded.
91.2 average so far.
Some things not graded for weeks.
Three days left in the grading period.

Mr. Physics teacher, do you have any idea how maddening this is?

I know this needed to happen for you to move forward but the timing sucks. I hope you will approach the job hunt with your newfound strength of self. We all know how much you can offer, you need to be able to sell that to others.

I’ll try not to take this personally.

Ugh I’m starting to think I did too much for you kids. You really don’t have that much to keep track of as young adults but you’re floundering. I thought I did a good job of preparing you but now I’m thinking maybe not so much.