Say it here cause you can't say it directly- the get it off your chest thread (Part 1)

I want you to be happy. I hope this weekend helps you figure out what will make you happy.

I know it was a tough day for you. You need to put it behind you. You have so much to offer, donā€™t sell yourself short. Move forward, be positive, you will succeed!

I do wish I was more skilled at navigating work politics.

I am tired of cleaning up the messes caused by your incompetence. If you donā€™t know how to do something, you need to ask me for the information. Yes, I can ā€œfixā€ it, but itā€™s a real pain in the rear to do so. And no, we canā€™t keep this between us - Iā€™ve already shared the problem with your boss because Iā€™m not going under the bus on this one. You think youā€™re confident - well honey, thereā€™s a really fine line between confidence and arrogance. Guess which side I think you fall on.

You are seriously off to try a few tennis swings - even though you still havenā€™t gotten the results of the MRI on your good shoulder. ā€œIf it hurts, Iā€™ll stopā€ and ā€œif I need surgery already, whatā€™s the difference if I damage it more. ā€œ Arggh. At least Iā€™ll be able to say, I told you so. Good thing you got me such a nice card!

Donā€™t want to hear "oughta"s. I am doing exactly what I want to do and living like I want to live. Iā€™m retired. I worked hard for this.

I get that itā€™s the kids responsibility to get up on time. But if you are the adult in the house and home when the childs alarm goes off, why wouldnā€™t you make sure the kid is actually up? Iā€™m at work, the kid canā€™t drive or walk to school as itā€™s too far away (we are out of district), there is no bus, it inconveniences the carpool people, or makes me call the grandparents. Plus it costs money because the kid doesnā€™t take a lunch. Thereā€™s no Uber so thatā€™s not an option. The kid is doing a sport plus another activity so heā€™s not lazy, heā€™s exhausted. We all need a bit of help sometimes.

Babysitting the grand puppy today. Canā€™t move or he will wake up from his nap. Itā€™s only noon and Iā€™m tired already.

I have a new grand cat. My son really wanted a Bengal kitten, but there are none near him available right now. He And his GF went to an adoption event and they are now the proud owners of a near 3 year old domestic short hair. Heā€™s very happy with her, and has been sending me pictures.

Just did your taxes. The grief scab is ripped off again.

I really dislike posters who ā€œghost,ā€ after asking questions and receiving multiple thoughtful and thorough responses. Some of us take a lot of time to try to be helpful. The least you can do is come back to your original post and thank those who have taken time to share their insights, knowledge, and experiences.

Boss is interviewing this week for the potential replacement for the coworker who is leaving. Crossing my fingers that the one who already has experience will work out. The other choice has some experience, but she is very young (under 30) and may not enjoy working with the rest of us who are 55+.

When I read in a post or hear someone being told to ā€œrelaxā€ or ā€œcalm downā€, I often think it will have the opposite effect to what is intended. lol.

Please make a good offer on my parentsā€™ house! Looks as if I will be the person to accept or reject offers and thatā€™s scary.

I am proud of you for making a difficult decision for all the right reasons. I know that you feel bad for saying no after they flew you out, put you up, etc. But you didnā€™t go into it thinking you would turn the job down if you got it. Just like they wanted to see if you were the right fit, you needed to see if the job was the right fit. Being an adult can be tough, but youā€™ve got this.

Iā€™m done. Yes, Iā€™m phoning it in until it retires.

Cool - between Federal and state we owe a net of $95. Pretty darn close on estimated withholding - I should get a medal!

You are a disgusting piece of trash with no moral code at all.

We have poor people in jail because they canā€™t pay their parking tickets. Think about that.

I wish it wasnā€™t so hard to figure out when to pull the plug and retire. I realize as I think harder about the reality of it, it really stresses me out. All the what-ifs regarding money are offset by the what-ifs related to getting sick or something and wishing Iā€™d enjoyed life more.