Say it here cause you can't say it directly- the get it off your chest thread (Part 1)

I may have turned my son and his GF into biking enthusiasts. They are both consultants and work lots of hours. But they live in a place that has lots of bike path options, and neither has a car, so biking is a great option for them. Took 2 of our old bikes to them today and they did 18 miles. (Plus they got ice cream - he is my child). They need some “fun” things to do during this quarantined time, so this is a great option for them.

I am very worried about your health. You have deteriorated considerably over the last year.

Damn it, take care of yourself. If you die and leave me with this mess I will never forgive you.

“Flout” and “flaunt” do not mean the same thing.

New spin on WFH now that the weather has turned hot. My office with the windows open (which I prefer) is now privy to listening to the adult neighbors sitting and splashing all day, everyday in their pool. :frowning:

Stressing out. Too many people in my home. I’m craving alone time. And getting very sad that I visit (out of necessity) my uncle for the day, but can only speak briefly in a parking lot with parents in independent living. Missing them.

There are an awful lot of people on CC who don’t understand how small town America works at all. Two texts and a phone call was all it took to not only learn the town where the pool party occurred, but also the name of the person who hosted it.

I’m sorry

D and SIL, I’m sad for you Not only did D not get to share the joy of being pregnant with the world, you spent the last few months of the pregnancy working full time at home while caring for your 17 month old very active son. Yes, H contributes, but mom is mom.

NOW, you have a beautiful new son and are still stuck at home. No putting anyone in daycare. No merciful trips to the library, the zoo, the ice cream shop, the playground, even the grocery store for cryin’ out loud.

I’m sorry for you, this time sucks. SOMEDAY, you’ll look back and say “Remember that? That really sucked.” Just not now. :frowning:

People, the word “unique” cannot be modified. Nothing is most unique, very unique, incredibly unique, or any other kind of unique. Unique comes from the Latin “uni,” which means one. If something is unique, it’s singular. There’s only one of them. Unique is not the same as unusual.

Rant over.

I appreciate your help in keeping the house clean, I really do. BUT, sweeping the stairs and kitchen of the dog hair that floats everywhere while I am preparing dinner in not help. I am catching hair that is going everywhere to avoid it landing in the food. At least if you would have used the small vacuum that we own for this purpose, maybe it wouldn’t have been as bad.

Cried myself to sleep last night. Started with missing my mom so much and just morphed into something I needed, I guess.

“Overall, your drawings look pretty good, given the lack of information provided by the construction documents…” Ugh. You’re right, the architectural drawings I had to work from were HORRID. My drawings were better than “pretty good.” Sigh. Now I’m starting to recall how difficult you can be to work for.

Why, oh why, OH WHY did you have to join the condo board?!?!?

Rewatching unbreakable Kimmy Smitt in quarantine. The first episode featuring Matt Lauer as interviewer has not aged well

We have traveled on this freeway many, many times. It is not the one who did it, it is the one who said “do it.”

You’ve always thought the rules don’t apply to you. Then you got someone killed. You should have been put on trial for involuntary manslaughter. And you haven’t changed. You still don’t think the rules apply to you. How many other people will you hurt in your lifetime? I’m waiting waiting waiting for karma to catch up and kick you hard and square where the sun don’t shine. I hope to be there when it does.

Note to self: You are not a fish, ignore the bait. Do not engage. You cannot get them to change their minds.
There are none so blind as those who will not see. ?

As Dr Phil always says…“no matter how flat the pancake there are two sides”.

You want an apology and you got it. I readily admit my part. But you aren’t perfect either. I don’t even want an apology. I’d like a little self reflection on your part.

Library is still closed, but they now have a contactless system to call ahead and pick up your books on hold. I will be picking up 3 books after dinner!

I feel like a kid on the morning of my birthday!