SCAD - Any insights

Not a lot about SCAD on CC. D was just accepted. I’m a little confused as it appears to be a BFA (Performing Arts) program without an audition (makes me leary). Auditions are used for artistic scholarships if I’m reading the website correctly.

They don’t have a true Musical Theater BFA but they do have a Performing Arts (focus on stage and screen acting) which can be combined with a Vocal Performance minor.

Based on their site they have lots of success placing kids in several medium and are highly rated by the industry rags.

Any CCers with actual SCAD experience or real knowledge? Appreciate your thoughts.

(first of many schools to consider but D is excited she was already accepted - signed up for an on campus audition to serve as her portfolio review)

@rickle1 We visited SCAD last Spring. If you are looking for a true MT program, SCAD is NOT it. But, if you want training with a mix of MT, Theatre, Film, and TV, SCAD has a lot to offer. They do one school-directed Musical a year, plus some student-directed theatre projects. There is a casting office on campus, so students have a lot of opportunities in film/tv that is shot in Savannah. If you want more details, I recommend you call the Dean of Performing Arts. They are very nice!

^ Thanks.