SCAD class of 2027 Admission thread

My son was admitted for fall 2023 and plans to attend. He received a modest scholarship which doesn’t do a whole lot for the overall cost but at least it’s something.

He also applied and was admitted to Pratt, VCUArts, Iowa State and Penn State, but chose SCAD overall for it’s quality of programs and flexible major options.

Anyone else accepted and planning to attend?

2 Likes

My son is going for Fall 2023 as well. We visited in April and fell in love with it. He wants to study animation, and their facilities are so fresh and modern. Pratt and RISD couldn’t compete in his eyes.

1 Like

Did you check out Ringling?
(might want to change user name for privacy reasons)

How long did it take for you guys to hear from the school, and did you hear via email, snail mail, or what? My kid applied Nov 30 and still nothing. The website says 2-4 weeks and yes we are still within that window, but a friend heard within one week! For a different program, but still. I’d love to hear what you know, thanks all!

My son applied in June and didn’t hear until October, but they didn’t even start looking at applications until September so that’s not unusual. He was notified by a call from his admissions counselor and then a packet in the mail.

You can always call admissions and check that they have everything they need. It took several more weeks to get any kind of scholarship notification.

Thank you!

My DD heard in about 2 weeks. Got a voicemail the day after Christmas from admissions and then a merit letter a week later. I was amazed how quick the decision & notification was.

It is on the top of the list for my daughter for fall 2023. We did a tour a few weeks ago and she loved everything about SCAD and Savannah. She is Performing Arts/Acting. Hoping to attend the next SCAD Days

1 Like