Schedule and Thanks for finding UA

<p>I want to say thank you again to everyone on this board. The knowledge shared and support provided is AMAZING! </p>

<p>My daughter is currently on her way to campus thanks to one of her roommates families that stopped by the Birmingham Airport on their way down to Tuscaloosa from Kentucky to pick her up. Wow- still amazed at the southern hospitality we have experienced. I hope I will be able to repay the favor someday. </p>

<p>My daughters schedule is scaring me a bit. Any thoughts?</p>

<pre><code> Credits
</code></pre>

<p>CHE125 1
CH101 4
MATH126 4
ENG111 1
ENG 131 1
ENG 151 1
CBHP 4
UH103 (AA) 1
Total Credits 17</p>

<p>I am not sure what should be dropped if anything. Help!</p>

<p>Is she an English major?</p>

<p>No. Chem/Bio Engineering and CBHP minor</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Guaranteed you will, Sniner. It’s highly contagious. :)</p>

<p>CHE125 1
CH101 4
MATH126 4
ENG111 1
ENG 131 1
ENG 151 1
CBHP 4
UH103 (AA) 1
Total Credits 17
</p>

<p>Ok…because one credit is AA, it’s not as bad as it seems. :)</p>

<p>Also, those Eng’g FEP classes will be easy for her. Bama assumes that a student knows NOTHING about engineering and some other basics, so generally, for the stronger students, some of it is an easy review. </p>

<p>BTW…an eng’g student shouldn’t get misled by the easiness of FEP classes. They just introduce you to eng’g and the different disciplines and how they’re used in the world. Once you get into the real eng’g classes, hold on to your seat.</p>

<p>If she’s good at math, then Cal II shouldn’t be difficult. Cal II doesn’t really build on Cal I. </p>

<p>Cal II is mostly series, sequences, and integration techniques. Cal III will be multivariable calculus.</p>

<p>When she walked out of her Calc BC exam she gave me a high five and said “Fived it.” ( she got a 5 on AB last year) Given that we are hoping that Calc II is also an easy class.</p>

<p>Her schedule looks good. That’s the way it is for engineering.</p>

<p>If she gets a 5 on the BC exam, she may want to consider going straight to Calculus III. Sounds like she had an outstanding teacher who did an excellent job of preparing her for the exam. My son and one of his friends, who is an ME major, say that they regret not taking the AP credit for BC right away and going straight to Calculus III. They had great preparation for college math but were a year or two removed from the class, so they were a little gun shy.</p>

<p>is your D also pre-med? If so, then she may want to take Cal II for the easy A. The Bio, Chem, Math, Physics (BCMP) GPA is very important for med school apps.</p>

<p>She is pre-med, keeping her options open. She did not want to go directly into Calc III- I have to go with her comfort level. We especially feel this way with the addition of CBHP- not really sure what to expect with that.</p>

<p>DS ‘Fived’ Calc AB and cruised through Calc II. I would bet that Calc III would not be a big issue for your DD.</p>