Scheduling help.....please!

<p>My S and I need some clarification on a couple of things! He is trying to put together a preliminary schedule before attending BB in a couple of weeks. He is a biology major and will be starting with 24 credit hours. He will not have to take English or Math. Degree Works has a generic schedule to include Biology, English, Math and Chemistry. He doesn’t want to load up too much the first semester as he plans to rush a fraternity. Also, he has applied to the First Year Experience Biology class and the Emerging Scholars program. We see a class that is UA 155, Undergraduate Research. Are these the same thing? Are there credit hours attached? If so, do we know how many and will they be included in a course load of say, 15 hours? And, will they be factored into the scheduling at BB?</p>

<p>Would appreciate any input! Thanks ----</p>

<p>will they be factored into the scheduling at BB?</p>

<p>If you include them in the schedule, register for the class, then it will be in his schedule. </p>

<p>My iPad is being very slow right now, so I can’t look it up, but that vaguely does look like the Emerging Scholars course number. Does it have a CRN? if so, that’s what you’ll use for registering at BB.</p>

<p>I’m not sure what you’re asking about when you say, “will they be included in a courseload of 15 hours.” I’m not sure how many credits ES is…I’m thinking one credit. If so, then if your son has 15 other credits, and he signs up for ES, then he’ll have 16 credits.</p>

<p>Since your son intends on rushing and then pledging, many people would recommend that he only take 12-14 hours. That said, many students do pledge, take 15+ hours of courses, and succeed in both. UA 155 is likely Emerging Scholars and would be an additional credit added to the 15 he is planning on taking for a total of 16 credits.</p>

<p>EXACTLY what we are trying to avoid: Overloading! So, is First Year Experience Biology and Emerging Scholars the same program? Also, since he already has Math and English covered, and is looking at taking Chem and Biology (both with labs), could you recommend a couple of required fillers?</p>

<p>bio major…</p>

<p>Will he be pre-med?</p>

<p>What AP credits is he coming in with? Does he still need to take Frosh Comp? or Honors Frosh Comp 103?</p>

<p>how about history AP credits?</p>

<p>does he need any SB credits? like psych?</p>