Scheduling

<p>I apologize if I’m unfairly hoarding the knowledge of this forum’s users with my several questions. That said, I still have several questions (which I may or may not be overly thinking about). </p>

<p>With regards to incoming freshmen making their schedules at BamaBound, are we required to take a strictly 5-class schedule? Or is there leeway to take more or less? Also, does every class net 3 hours of credits so that each semester students end with 15 (assuming they pass all classes)?</p>

<p>There are courses with 1,2,3,4 hours of credit. My D has three 1hour courses, a 1.5hour course, two 3 hour courses, and two 4 hour courses for a total of 17.5 hours. You can take the courses you need and 15 hours is a typical load.</p>

<p>Are you on a scholarship that pays for a certain number of hours?</p>

<p>Don’t be afraid to ask questions!!!</p>

<p>As mentioned above…there isn’t a number of classes limit.</p>

<p>And…classes are 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 credits, so it depends on what you take.</p>

<p>the math and science classes are often 4 and 5 credits (lower division).</p>

<p>As an incoming FALL frosh, I strongly recommend that you do NOT take more than 15 credits. And, PLEASE balance your course load with some “easier” classes. do not take all hard classes in one semester…especially as a FALL Frosh…you’ll crash and burn </p>

<p>There’s a fair amount of adjusting that goes on that first semester, so be cautious when making your schedule.</p>

<p>What is your major? (I need to make a new cheat sheet for the new posters. of this forum.)</p>

<p>BTW…
I noticed that you had a concern that your NMF scholarship wouldn’t cover Blount. Yes, it will.</p>

<p>Did you know that it would also cover the private room suites in Honors (the 4 bedroom suites where each child has his own room)???</p>

<p>Thanks! I think I probably will stick with 15 first semester, but I wanted to know for future reference. Also, I’m a philosophy major :]</p>

<p>And thanks for the information about my scholarship!</p>