Scheller College of Business (Georgia Tech) vs Terry College of Business (UGA) as a Transfer Student?

hey yall! im a current sophomore majoring in mis at uga and i got into tech for the spring 2024 semester. i originally applied to transfer as an ITM major bc i knew tech is overall the better school academically but now that i’ve gotten in, is scheller significantly better than terry? can any current students at scheller talk about ur experiences with getting involved and also career/job/internship placements? for reference: im pretty involved with selective business clubs at uga (like ILA) but have still been finding it really hard to land a business(consulting) internship for the next summer which is why one of the reasons why im thinking of transferring to GT. overall, how are u guys finding the business school and in ur opinion would it be worth transferring from terry? ik uga is a better school socially and it would be hard starting over from scratch at tech as almost a junior. but i also i think it would definitely be worth it if i can land a good internship and job from scheller. just unsure how different the career prospects at tech are, compared to terry (which is also a really good business school and i’ve been enjoying my time here so far)!

@VirginiaBelle may be able to provide some insight as she has kids at both schools.

Awesome! Would love to hear insights from both before making my decision!

hmmmmm - no

If that’s why you are leaving (reputation) - then don’t.

PS - define better academically - they are two different schools in two different ways.

Both are rated high in MIS as is Ga State.

Uprooting your successful self for a “name” is adding a lot of cost - social costs - that just aren’t necessary.

At most employers, it won’t make a difference - not one worth taking that risk for anyway.

There is no assurance of landing a good anything from anywhere - that will mostly be up to you - make sure you’re applying to a lot of places.

But don’t forget, that first internship is toughest to get and you will likely do better with experience - so maybe that first summer (after 2nd year), you get a solid, business internship and then apply for consulting jobs for the next summer.

Good luck.

2 Likes