Scholarship and HC Question for a Georgia kid

<p>Hey everyone! I live in Georgia and am considering applying and attending Alabama. I have some questions though and would appreciate some insight. Thanks!</p>

<p>1) I have a 29 ACT and >3.5 GPA, which I see makes me eligible for the Foundation in Excellence scholarship of $11,975 per year. So this means I would pay for one semester of tuition ($11,975) each year, plus the meal plan and room?</p>

<p>2) I know the scholarship priority deadline is December 15th; does that mean have the application in by that date AND materials (test scores, transcript, etc.) or just the application and the materials can trickle in?</p>

<p>3) I am signed up for the December 14th ACT test date because I believe I can get a 30 or 31; if I got a 30 or 31 would it make me eligible for UA scholar or is it too late at that point?</p>

<p>4) Is Honors College admission automatic following acceptance?</p>

<p>Thanks!</p>

<p>I would suggest calling admissions first thing in the morning. Good luck and ROLL TIDE!!!
1-800-933-BAMA (2262)</p>

<p>With half tuition scholarship, you’d pay for course fees, room, board, books…and half of tuition…</p>

<p>Not too late. Bama now accepts the Dec scores. </p>

<p>The national December ACT and the national December SAT are the last college entrance examination results accepted for students who want scholarship consideration.</p>

<p>Yes, you apply to the HC after acceptance.</p>

<p>I suggest that you get all of your materials in by the Dec 15 date, including your current ACT score, and then have your Dec test scores sent automatically when you take the test. Alabama will take your highest test score, but be sure to submit the 29 you already have just in case the Dec date doesn’t end up being higher.</p>

<p>And yes, you have to apply to the honors college. You are automatically eligible for admission, but you still have to apply.</p>