Scholarship Application Deadline December 1!

<p>Just a friendly reminder to all prospective UA students. Please don’t miss this important deadline.</p>

<p>Yes! And if you haven’t gotten your CWID number, then contact your area rep **and **contact admissions.</p>

<p>I’ll have dd email her rep and admissions, but what is a CWID number? We hadn’t realized she has to be accepted in order to do the honors college essay thing, and Bama did not get her transcript till Nov. 24. I imagine everything got hung up with Thanksgiving,but we don’t have an admission decision yet, and she will only have a day to do her essay if we hear tomorrow. Everything else was sent in earlier; ACT score was a 33; gpa 4.4 weighted, so I’m assuming she will get a positive reply—I hope. Just hope it comes on time.</p>

<p>CWID: Campus wide ID.</p>

<p>ctinct, don’t worry about the Honors College at the moment; it’s the scholarship deadline that’s critical here. With your daughter’s stats, there’s no doubt Bama will want her/love her. Trust us, the scholarship app is easy and can be done very quickly without sweating. The Presidential Scholarship is assured for her if she gets the scholarship application in on time.</p>

<p>That being said, I wouldn’t wait for an e-mail response. I’d get a human being on the phone at scholarships/admissions first thing in the morning (they’re closed now). I’m betting Bama is not going to let a potential Presidential Scholar get away. Here’s their number:</p>

<p>Local: (205) 348-5666
Toll Free: 1-800-933-BAMA (2262)</p>

<p>Perhaps Nicole Wyatt, the UA representative who contributes to this forum from time to time, will weigh in here and offer additional guidance.</p>

<p>yikes! late minute! :O</p>

<p>When did your D apply? She should have gotten a “follow-up” email within about 2 business days of applying.</p>

<p>Ask your D which email acct she used on her app and for her to check to see if she got an email with a CWID #. She needs that to create her MyBama acct and to submit her scholarship app.</p>

<p>If she didn’t get a follow-up email, send an email to NicoleWyattUA and tell her that you need a CWID #. </p>

<p>Also…if your D wants to apply to University Fellows Honors, then call and email Wellon Bridgers, give her your D’s stats, and ask for the invite to apply. That app is due Saturday.</p>

<p>Pleased to report that ctinct’s daughter beat the deadline and got her scholarship application submitted and confirmed!</p>

<p>Nice!! Glad to hear she made it.</p>

<p>Yeah!!!</p>

<p>Did the area rep help her get a CWID? or did the email come thru?</p>

<p>Hi, everyone. Dd actually has a CWID ( I just didn’t know what the acronym stood for) and a myBama account. Her scholarship application was already in; it was just me who was confused, apparently. I thought the honors college application also had to be in by the first, and she hasn’t been accepted yet. It took a while for her transcript to get to the school, and then we ran into Thanksgiving. She emailed her area rep who confirmed that there was no looming deadline for the honors college application. Thanks so much for the help and concern. I feel much better now.</p>

<p>If she’s going to apply to UFE, though, that deadline is Saturday. If she wants to apply, she needs to contact Mrs. Wellon Bridgers quickly…</p>

<p>Wellon Bridgers 205/348-5522 or <a href=“mailto:wlbridgers@ua.edu”>wlbridgers@ua.edu</a></p>

<p>I would send an email and follow up with a phone call.</p>

<p>[Undergraduate</a> Admissions - The University of Alabama](<a href=“http://gobama.ua.edu/]Undergraduate”>http://gobama.ua.edu/)</p>

<p>Message at the top of the page. ^^^</p>

<p>They extended the Scholarship deadline to Saturday, December 4th.</p>

<p>Don’t know if this is true…but supposedly, MyBama has changed so that those who’ve applied, but haven’t been accepted, can now apply to UHP, so that eligible students can apply to UFE.</p>

<p>Check it out if this applies to you. MyBama…academics tab…far left column…scroll down.</p>

<p>They had to extend last year too because so many applied over T-giving. I expected the same would happen today.</p>

<p>Quick update- it appears d has been accepted. Not only is the housing deposit link up, she also has the honors college application and University Fellows link.</p>

<p>^^^Congratulations! I hope you and your daughter have the opportunity to visit Bama before you make a final decision. There is, quite literally, no substitute for experiencing the quality of an Honors College class, meeting fellow honors students, enjoying the warmth and can-do spirit of the community, seeing the beauty of the campus, and taking in the excellence of the facilities–including the marvelous “super-suite” dorms.</p>

<p>When you arrange a visit through the Honors College you will see authentic Southern hospitality in action.</p>

<p>And please, pay no heed to some of the boorish posts that have appeared on this forum the past few days. They do not represent the truly fabulous UA experience that so many of our kids are experiencing, to which my fellow parents and some of the stellar students here at CC can attest.</p>

<p>Again, congratulations and Roll Tide!</p>

<p>ctinct - congrats!
Can’t wait to hear your impressions after a visit. Most of us liked the idea of UA, but didn’t really know what it all meant until our kids set foot on campus. Roll Tide! you will love it :)</p>

<p>Yes…the campus really sells itself!!!</p>

<p>Hi mom2collegekids can you clarify regarding your post pasted below…
If she’s going to apply to UFE, though, that deadline is Saturday. If she wants to apply, she needs to contact Mrs. Wellon Bridgers quickly…Wellon Bridgers 205/348-5522 or <a href=“mailto:wlbridgers@ua.edu”>wlbridgers@ua.edu</a> I would send an email and follow up with a phone call. </p>

<p>We are under the impression the Scholarship Application originally had to be in/postmarked by 12/1-now 12/4 per the UA website. Our understanding is that once that application is processed (our student as a Presidential Scholar) then the student will be sent an application for the UFE. We were unsure if your post meant the UFE should have been received already and is due by 12/4? Can you please clarify. Thank you for your time.</p>