Scholarship Application Deadline December 1!

<p>You won’t get the UFE app in time if you wait. The app is due on Saturday.</p>

<p>So, you need to contact Wellon NOW to get her to email it to you.
If you don’t hear from Wellon in a timely manner, contact Dr. Morgan.</p>

<p>Thank you very much for your advice, we have made contact w/Admissions, the Honors College and UFE/Mrs. Bridgers for their assistance. She is very helpful!</p>

<p>ctinct, are you from CT? We are from CT also. S has been down for 2 visits, one with me in June and one with his Dad in October. It’s a great campus with some really good programs. You have to visit to really understand what we are all talking about. I said this on another post, but on the flight down my S said “thanks for setting this up, but you know there is no way I am going to school down there, right”? He changed his mind completely after about an hour into his first visit.
Congrats on the acceptance.</p>

<p>^^^^^^idinct</p>

<p>Hi, has your son decided to attend Bama, I sure hope so…He will love it!</p>

<p>He has submitted his deposit and housing deposit so he is ready to go. He has submitted some other aps, but there isn’t anywhere he likes more than 'bama, or close to 'bama for that matter.</p>

<p>^^ My daughter and I visited (we live in Maryland) and wish we could pick the Univ of Alabama campus up and move it here! We live in a fast-paced area and it was so nice to visit UA where the boys held doors open for us and cars let kids cross the street! Depending on finances, she may attend so we will see. Hope this helps out-of-staters.</p>

<p>Capemay…Glad to hear that you and your D had such a pleasant visit!</p>

<p>43% of this year’s freshmen class is from out of state!</p>

<p>^wow…what is UA’s plan regarding OOS enrollment in general? that ranks up there w/ UD and vermont</p>

<p>Yes.</p>

<p>It’s not unusual for states that are small in size to have a lot of OOS kids because of distance.</p>

<p>It’s unusual for a state the size of Alabama to have so many OOS kids. </p>

<p>I don’t know what the ultimate plan is. Anyone know?</p>

<p>According to UA’s strategic plan, [Strategic</a> Plan for The University of Alabama, 2004-2014](<a href=“http://strategicplan.ua.edu/index.html]Strategic”>http://strategicplan.ua.edu/index.html) , the number of graduating seniors in Alabama will remain somewhat constant for the foreseeable future and that any growth en enrollment will come in the form of OOS students, particularly those from surrounding states. UA also wants to raise its stats/rankings. The easiest way to achieve both of these goals is to recruit talented students from OOS; a sort of reverse brain drain if you will. As much as UA might benefit from having a similar proportion of OOS as U Delaware and U Vermont, it also has a mission to educate students from Alabama High Schools, many of whom (especially those from more rural areas) did not receive as many quality educational opportunities as did their peers in other states or in Alabama’s “richer” schools.</p>

<p>

World domination, m2ck. Nothing less will do. :)</p>

<p>On another note, great news, ldinct! Congratulations and welcome.</p>

<p>Tx Malani,
Now if he would get all those honors aps in… They are all done, he is just tweaking them.</p>

<p>^^^^idinct, great news that he will most likely be coming to Bama. Hope he gets the honors apps done right away, then he can relax.</p>

<p>Thanks RBmom,
We are all reeallly excited. He’s going to get all the apps in tonight I believe. It will be nice to have a fairly relaxing holiday season. Although my D has sent her dog to spend the month with us as she is going to China on her way back East for Christmas, so that has been like 5x the drama of the dog we already have, and we moved the week before Thanksgiving. But, we are fairly well organized and most everything is unpacked and hung up.</p>