Scholarship Application?

<p>I’m an NMSF (SAT 2220, GPA 4.0) who submitted my application to UA a little over two weeks ago, and when I logged into myBama, I noticed a “Scholarship Application.” Do I need to fill this out separately from the Honors Application? Can/should I submit the Scholarship Application before I’m accepted?</p>

<p>If the link is up, it usually means you are accepted. Yes, fill it out. Super simple, and super scholarships available.
Good luck and ROLL TIDE!!</p>

<p>If the link is up, it usually means you are accepted.</p>

<p>actually, the scholarship app link comes up within 1-2 days after subitting your school app.- Do NOT wait until you’re accepted to submit the scholarship app.</p>

<p>this is the general order…</p>

<p>1) submit school app</p>

<p>2) a couple of business days later you’ll receive a followup email giving mybama log-on info.</p>

<p>3) Now, submit the scholarship app.</p>

<p>4) After admittance, then submit the Honors College app.</p>

<p>Roll Tide!</p>

<p>Aeschylus, I hope you plan on attending! The NMF scholarship cannot be beat, and the honors dorms rock.</p>

<p>My son just started and loves it. He is majoring in History and Classics. From your moniker, may I assume that you have an interest in Classics? ;)</p>

<p>Thanks for your help! I submitted my scholarship application yesterday. I’m still blown away by the generosity of the NMF scholarship.</p>

<p>And yes, Lady Dianeski - I’m interested in some combination of English, Classics, and History. I’d love to hear more about your son’s experience! Which Classics/History classes is he taking this semester?</p>

<p>Question for other applicants:
For some reason we looked on mybama and clicked on the scholarship application link. The scholarship application came up as if it had not been filled out. Previously, the application link would state “application already submitted” (because DS did submit it weeks ago! ). Anyone else have this issue? Wondering if it should be filled out again since I know someone else posted that they were notified that they needed to fill out the ap a second time because it was updated. Thanks for any info anyone has!</p>

<p>vlines…</p>

<p>send an email to <a href=“mailto:scholarships@ua.edu”>scholarships@ua.edu</a> …include son’s name and CWID and ask if they rec’d the scholarship app.</p>

<p>Thanks M2CK, I will!</p>

<p>My D filled out the scholarship app very early on - probably July 8 or thereabouts. A while after that, she got an e-mail saying the scholarship application had changed and she should fill it out again. When she went to the link, it opened up a scholarship application as if one had not previously been filled out (prior to that we had gotten the message that it had already been submitted). I haven’t been to mybama lately to check status (there would be no point since the darned high school STILL hasn’t managed to send out a simple transcript, the only thing that’s missing) so I don’t know if she’d get the “already submitted” message now, but maybe that’s what happened to your S. Did he submit the scholarship application back in July?</p>

<p>ETA: I just checked and got the “already submitted” message, probably because D already completed the “new” application.</p>

<p>I am thinking that may have happened too, Bethsmom. But I don;t want him to submit 2 scholarship applications either. I wil just email them and ask. If I find out he does need to re-submit, I will let everyone know, so everyone can check status.</p>

<p>Aeschylus – this semester, DS is taking Latin 301, Greek 201, and CL 222 (Greek & Roman Mythology).</p>

<p>He’s also taking Honors Western Civ (the first course, covering up to 1648). And he is doing a Freshman Learning Community class (1 credit) called “History and Hollywood,” which is kind of a fun intro to research methods and the historian’s craft.</p>

<p>Plus, he’s taking advanced Freshman Comp.</p>

<p>Volvere Aestus Volvere!</p>

<p>(copied that from DS’s Latin professor, LOL)</p>

<p>Yay for Latin people!!! Greek and Roman Mythology is a blast of a class from what I hear. Everyone who takes it learns so much and has a ton of fun! Ah I miss Latin - I started rereading/translating the Aeneid again over the summer. Wish I had room for a classics minor!!</p>

<p>You people are making it very difficult for me to tell my kid not to go to Alabama. Stop it!! He still has some time, but if I were a betting man, I’d put money on Bama.</p>

<p>(Geaux Tigers.)</p>

<p>^^^</p>

<p>:)</p>

<p>I’ll be by LSU on Friday…may have to stop in at Chimes for some of their tasty food!</p>