Scholarship Application

<p>One more quick question, what information should DS gather together before completing the scholarship app? For example, does he need to know exact number of community service hours for each of his volunteer jobs or is an estimate sufficient. I think he’s hoping the latter since he has a aggregate of his hours!</p>

<p>If I remember correctly, the scholarship application for Bama was fairly easy. My D had a resume ready to go and might have uploaded that with her application but I’m not sure because I didn’t do it. </p>

<p>I would recommend that your DS have a resume ready to go. Even if the colleges don’t ask for a resume, all of your information will be easily accessible. If he had a lot of community service hours by all means highlight them. </p>

<p>Alabama’s OOS scholarships are pretty black and white. If you have a certain SAT or ACT score and HS GPA you are awarded $. I’m not sure how the other programs like the Blount (Sp?) Program and others work though. </p>

<p>I do strongly recommend that if you have any questions about anything that you pick up the phone and call. I have NEVER had people more willing to help and answer questions. If I ever got someone who wasn’t 100% sure of an answer, they found the answer and got back to me. Seriously, this is one of the things that makes Bama great!</p>

<p>estimates are fine.</p>

<p>The university scholarships for stats will be given for ACT/SAT and GPA alone. So will the eng’g scholarships.</p>

<p>It’s good to have a Word doc with all the vitals and just copy/paste when needed for various apps.</p>

<p>Thanks everyone. Preparing a resume is a great idea. It will be useful to have on hand for other purposes as well as the application.</p>