Scholarship Awards?

<p>Typically, when do we find out if we are awarded any scholarships? My deciding factor on attending the school is whether or not I get the non resident tuition waiver. I'm worried I may wait too long for it and miss deadlines at my back up schools. Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks!</p>

<p>How did you apply for a scholaship to get the non resident tuition waiver? I just filled the scholarship form in applytexas.org. Is it the way? thank you</p>

<p>Yes that is the way.</p>

<p>Bumping this up. Anybody know when we should know if we are awarded scholarships?</p>

<p>If I remember correctly, they seemed to trickle in. First kid, 4 years ago, got first scholarship notification in December and last one right before school started his freshman year (from his department), then some changed during his freshman year - increased slightly in amount or name changed from a general named scholarship to a donor’s name. Second kid 2 years ago got first notice after Christmas and last notice by May. Neighbor got a President’s Endowed Scholarship a month after my 2nd got his. I have no idea why they come at such different times. But I clearly remember my Aggies getting many scholarship letters over the months with little additions, like another $500 one-time scholarship added to the total.</p>

<p>I got awarded a scholarship like 5 days ago. It came in late after all my other financial aid. If you get any A&M based scholarship you will qualify for instate tuition. You just have to maintain the guidelines in your scholarship.</p>

<p>I got a reply on this topic a couple of hours ago directly from A&M. We live in Arizona. Our son was automatically admitted as a National Merit finalist and got the full NM scholarship package (including in-state tuition) in his admittance letter in early November. Other merit-based scholarships may be available and A&M will strive to get this information out by February 1.</p>