Scholarship Chances Class of 2021

Stats:
OOS -white female
-rigorous private school
UW GPA 3.7/ W 4.42 93.85
9,10, 11 = I took 6 honors courses, which is maxing out at my school
11= AP Stats (4) AP English Lit (4) AP U.S History (4)
12= AP Calculus AB, AP English Language, AP Spanish V, AP Environmental Science, and AP Human Geography

test scores (just retook the SAT today and believe that I improved)
ACT:29 + writing (34)
SAT: 1310

ECS:

Tennis for school (9-12)
Youth Group Planning Committee Member (10-12)
Youth Advisor for Middle Schoolers (11,12)
Acolyte at church (9-12) --> Team Captain (11-12)
Junior Class VP (11)
Student Body Secretary (12)
Youth Corps (selective local leadership program for HS students in my city) (10)
Furman University Summer Scholars (summer after 11)
Palmetto Girls State (summer after 11)
babysitter/nanny (9-12)
intern for local magazine (9)
Costa Rica Mission Trip (11)
VBS volunteer (10,11)
National Honor Society (10,11)
–over 130 community service hours documented

interested in the journalism school

Also, I have not written my answers to the short answer questions, but I have written my common app essay and I think it very strongly represents who I am and identifies aspects of my personality/interests that are not found elsewhere in my application.

Hello, I just applied to TCU and I can’t exactly say much about their scholarship opportunities because I am unfamiliar with them, but I think it is worth noting that I have similar statistics to you.

Gpa:
Unweighted: 4.0
Weighted: 4.96

Class Rank:
6/265

AP courses: Environmental science, US History, English Language, Psychology, AB and BC Calculus, Physics, Biology, English Literature

Act: 31 (composite)
English-35
Math-31
Reading-30
Science-28

ECs/honors:
NHS
Mu Alpha Theta
NEHS President
Link Crew President
D.R.E.A.M. Team President
Junior Marshal
Track and Field (Mid-Distance Leader)
Founded a volunteer program (10 hours a week, about 45 weeks a year)
Assist physically disabled with yardwork (3 hours a week, 30 weeks a year)
Founding a club
Active youth group member (annual mission trips)
Young life
Tutor (about 4 hours a week)

I feel that you have a fairly good shot at getting scholarships to Texas Christian. I’m from North Carolina and Furman is one of my top choices, can you provide me any input on their scholarship opportunities?

Furman offers a lot of money. I am also applying there so I will get in state scholarships in addition to scholarships from the school. I would think you are in good standings to get at least 20,000, but don’t quote me on that. Every application pool is different.

@ Wildflower - I would think you would get the Faulty Scholarship. It was 15K a year. T&F is going up for Fall 2017 so this scholarship will follow at the same rate. However, every year T&F goes up but in MOST cases the scholarship does not, so you will be out an additional 2-3K each year.

@Scotty2428 I would think you would get the Dean’s Scholarship but your in between the Dean’s and Faculty Scholarships. It was 20K a year. T&F is going up for Fall 2017 so this scholarship will follow at the same rate. However, every year T&F goes up but in MOST cases the scholarship does not, so you will be out an additional 2-3K each year.