Scholarship Days

<p>I know that there's a small chance of any response, seeing as no one's posted in this thread since December, but I was wondering if anyone else on this site is going to one of the scholarship days in February? Or if anyone knows what goes on at these days, that would be nice too. They sent me a schedule, but I'd like to know how many people will be there, what they talk to us about, etc. </p>

<p>Anyone? :)</p>

<p>Did you attend scholarship days? I can tell you briefly how the process works. First,you will qualify for scholarships based on GPA and class rank/GPA. There is an opportunity to increase the scholarship by interview. Blue jeans are not dressy enough for the interview. They rattle you just a bit by telling you that the average ACT for ppl being interviewed is 30. Do not make the common mistake of reciting all your high school accomplishments. Wittenberg is more of a place where you want to go to see how your true potential will develop.
My daughter went well above the “numbers” suggested by ACT because of the interview. Wittenberg may surprise you at just how reasonable the COA can be,based on needs based scholarships.</p>

<p>I actually did attend a scholarship day already, but I appreciate your answer! I really enjoyed the competition; I think it was a great chance to show potential outside of numbers. I was actually informed today that I will be receiving full tuition! :slight_smile: Quite a good piece of news!</p>

<p>So is full tuition the Smith Scholarship?</p>

<p>I’m pretty sure it’s the Presidential Scholarship. I think it was called Smith a couple of years ago, and I’m not sure when that changed.</p>

<p>Congratulations! That is a very competitive scholarship. Witt is a great school. Daughter is '09 graduate and going to grad school at a large university. She states that the difference between Witt and the big schools. “Where I am now,they teach me what to think–at Wittenberg,they taught us how to think.”
You are assigned a professor as your own advisor when you first arrive,and that professor assists you in making sure that you remain on track to graduate in four years. Tower is probably the most convenient hall to live in, but any hall that has elevators instead of stairs makes it easier on move-in day. When they built the new dorm 2 years ago,it was freshman only,so that may be your only housing choice for now.</p>

<p>Awesome! And thanks for the info :)</p>

<p>one thing that concerns me about the scholarship is that according to their website you need a 3.5 to maintain it. Most other schools that offer similar scholarships only require a 3.0. Something to keep in mind!</p>

<p>holliesue, some schools that award a stepped up scholarship (ie: full tuition), will have a fall back scholarship with a lower gpa, if you don’t make it. It is not always “all or none.” You always need to ask then verify and then verify again!</p>