Scholarship Decision!!

Hello Everyone,

I have been admitted to Petroleum Engineering. Does anyone know when are they going to offer the scholarship decisions for the Fall 2016?

I believe all university and departmental scholarships have been sent out.

Based on your timeline… pretty sure you’re a transfer. Call your department and ask, there aren’t as many transfer scholarships available. Also, there are current students with 4.0 GPAs at this university without scholarships, so keep that in mind.

@Ranubuddy Aero transfer student here: I was selected for consideration for a couple scholarships as a transfer student. All of the scholarships that I was selected for had the eligibility requirement “admitted to degree plan/Texas A&M before 1 May 2016.” So if you were admitted after May 1st that might be why.

I talked to the financial aid department and they said in about 2 weeks everything will have been posted. So hold out and check your tamu email.

Thank you for the reply. They told me expect around the 1st week of June. I want to know whether they send out emails or update in financial aid portal whether we received or not!

I just got a scholarship that wasn’t posted on Howdy last week, so I’m pretty sure things are still being distributed.

@keal56 How did you get to know? email or did they update in Howdy financial portal

My son is still expecting a few scholarships to post this summer. Some of the continuing student scholarships don’t post until just before the fall semester.