Scholarship decisions

<p>Hi all,
Just wondering if UMiami release their scholarship packages for accepted students with the acceptance letter, Early Action, or if it is separate.</p>

<p>Thanks</p>

<p>bumpppppppppp</p>

<p>Last year my daughter applied EA, and in her acceptance envelope was her scholarship letter as well as the invitation to the Singer weekend. So unless they change things this year, you should get your scholarship with your acceptance packet.</p>

<p>Followup question for dumbo11 - does Miami pick up the tab for any part of the travel expense to atttend Singer weekend? For those of us that live a couple thousand miles away and with modest means, it could be a challenge. Of course, we’d find a way to do it…
Thanks,
Zinc</p>

<p>I believe they are no longer paying for even the hotel that they used to. We know a boy that could not attend, but they arranged a phone interview with him and he did indeed get the Singer, so if you can’t afford it, they will most likely work with you. It is a long way to go for a weekend and the short notice and expense can be prohibitive for many.</p>

<p>DinDune is correct. I think a couple of years ago they helped with travel expenses, but last year they only picked up meals. We had to pay our own hotel/air. I did not know there was a phone option. That is nice to hear that alternative for those who need it.</p>

<p>So did the Singer interviews occur today in Miami? If so were those only the Early Decision and do RD have a chance at Singer too?</p>

<p>Last year there were a couple Singer weekends for EA and at least one for RD (maybe 2, I really don’t know). The first one was end of February. Both EA and RD applicants can get Singer. My daughter got her invite around Jan. 26 or so if I remember correctly, so hopefully all the EA people will hear soon.</p>

<p>Apparently in two weekends and no accomodation or transportation reimbursement, details all on the net:
[Schedule</a> of Events](<a href=“http://www6.miami.edu/scholarships/singercompetition/schedule.html]Schedule”>http://www6.miami.edu/scholarships/singercompetition/schedule.html)</p>

<p>EA decisions not out yet, so I wonder are there any ED candidates invited to Singer who can tell their stats?</p>