Scholarship Email

<p>My daughter got an email saying that she has not yet accepted her scholarship offer. She was not offered a scholarship. It says to log on to mybama and go to the academics tab to scholarship offers. There are no offers. There was not a scholarship offer on the mailed information either. Her grades do not qualify for a scholarship. Do you think they meant her financial aid offer? She was offered only loans. The email came from undergraduate admissions and scholarships. </p>

<p>Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using CC</p>

<p>Thanks for posting this, I had not checked email in a few days. We also received the email. DS is not honors, and when we go to the offer page, we get only the “sorry, only viewable by scholarship students” line.</p>

<p>Maybe they just used the wrong distribution list on an email intended for a smaller number of kids.</p>

<p>Forward the email to the Scholarships office and ask for clarification. </p>

<p><a href=“mailto:scholarships@ua.edu”>scholarships@ua.edu</a></p>

<p>Include student info and CWID. Also mention that your child would certainly accept any scholarships offered, but he/she isn’t aware of any offered awards.</p>

<p>Scholarships aren’t the same as FA.</p>

<p>On the Class of 2017 Facebook page a ton of people were posting that they recieved this same email. One girl called the scholarships office and was extremely disappointed to learn the email was an error. It seemed based on the posts on that page that the email had gotten a lot of hopes up.</p>

<p>We received that as well. Been trying to contact them since yesterday and it is busy.</p>

<p>There was a similar email earlier this year about either submitting scholarship or housing deposits (sorry I forget which). When I called the department because I had already done whatever it was the department said they send the emails to all incoming freshman. I wonder if this isn’t the same thing.</p>