Scholarship Money

Does the university give much scholarship money out, and if so, have letters notifying recipients already been sent out or are there more to come? I have received a small scholarship from Mays, but hoping I can get a little more aid.

Not sure what your definition of small is… but the scholarships at Mays range from $250 - $5000, from what I know- maybe there are others. They use to advertise a by amount list, but haven’t seen one in a few years. Several are in the $1000 range. FYI Mays is always competitive with Engineering for the highest avg. incoming freshman rank/score college. It is tough competition in that college, congratulations on your scholarship! You probably won’t get another from Mays, my understanding is the University wide FA ones are already distributed, so you’re looking at individual ones that come from various sources around campus that you might qualify for, need based aid & state aid/recognition ones. Good luck!

Saw you posted you were valedictorian - I believe there is one for TX valedictorians (not for non-TX). Good for 2 semesters of tuition here’s an old link (you can look for the new one)
Valedictorian Tuition Exemption
This tuition exemption is available to students from Texas high schools certified as being highest ranked in their class. The student’s high school counselor submits the information to the Texas Higher Education Coordinating

Board, who, upon verification sends two certificates to the high school. The first certificate is for the student to keep, the second, signed, numbered certificate, is for the student to present to the University upon enrollment. The tuition is calculated, the State contacted, and the school is reimbursed for the cost of the student’s tuition (both state and university authorized).
Specific Terms: This scholarship is applicable for the first two terms following the student’s graduation from high school. Must be used within four semesters of graduation. Enrollment in at least 12 credit hours in each of the Fall and Spring semesters required. No minimum GPR is required.

I guess existing student scholarships went out last week. I understand funds are tight but, I sure wish I knew what it takes to get merit scholarships. I have a 3.97 GPA at Mays after three years and have been given only 1 scholarship, $500 in three years. Oh, well.

Does anybody know how many $1,000 or more scholarships that waive out of state tuition are given out on a yearly basis? Haven’t seen any other school come close to that and certainly not with the reputation of the Aggies