Scholarship notification?

<p>When do scholarship notifications usually arrive? I was told that I qualified for the National Merit scholarship package; I got my acceptance letter today but it was just a form letter with no information about scholarships. Can I expect to receive something else soon with information?</p>

<p>Scholarship notification comes from the Scholarship office…so will come under a different letter.</p>

<p>Right now, you’ll get the Presidential scholarship…after you are named NMF (in Feb), you’ll get awarded the rest of the NMF scholarship.</p>

<p>Did you name Bama as your #1 choice? If not, there’s still time to do so.</p>

<p>(</p>

<p>wait…arent we after the scholarship deadline?</p>

<p>Thank you! I haven’t named it as my first choice though; I thought if we switched choices we lost the chance for scholarship money. That’s what my counselor told me.</p>

<p>siglio21: I think the deadline has passed now, yes.</p>

<p>The deadline has NOT passed for NMSF…Bama is super lenient for NMF’s. </p>

<p>I’m not sure what you’re asking. What did your counselor tell you? </p>

<p>What school do you currently have listed as your number one choice for NM scholarship?</p>

<p>have you submitted your scholarship app to Bama? If not, do so. You’re not too late because you’re a NMSF.</p>

<p>Never mind, mom2collegekids; I misread what my counselor wrote and what was in the packet I got from the National Merit people. I thought that once I submitted my first choice I couldn’t change without losing my potential scholarship, but when I reread it I realized I only lose the money if I switch and they’ve already mailed me an offer. </p>

<p>I listed University of Pittsburgh as my first choice since they’re much closer to me, but I’ve already gotten a scholarship offer from them and from what I read I’m not likely to get much more by having them as my first choice. I’ll probably switch to UA, since I now know that I can do that.</p>

<p>And yes, I’ve already submitted my scholarship app, I’m just waiting for a response. Thanks a lot for your help!</p>

<p>Hello mp4352. National Merit students should receive a preliminary letter within the next 2-3 weeks. Then, a consolidated letter will be mailed out in mid-March. Thanks for your question.</p>